Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of Quantitative Aptitude Quiz for SBI PO Prelims based on Word Problems and Data Sufficiency.
Find out which statement is redundant and can be dispensed while answering the question.
1. At what time will the train reach Gorakhpur from Mathura?
I. The train crosses another train of equal length of 200m and running in opposite direction in 13.25seconds
II. The train leaves Mathura at 9:56am for Gorakhpur situated at a distance of 326km
III. The 200m long train crosses a man in 11 seconds.
(A) I only
(B) II only
(C) III only
(D) I or II only
(E) All I, II and III are required
2. What is the speed of the boat in still water?
I. The speed downstream is 19.09kmph
II. The speed upstream is 4.17kmph
III. In a to and fro journey between points A and B, the average speed of the boat was 6.5kmph
(A) I and II only
(B) All I, II and III
(C) III and either I or II
(D) Any two of the three
(E) None of these
Find out which statement is redundant and can be dispensed while answering the question
3. Soha borrowed a sum of money on compound interest from Sonali. What will be the amount to be repaid if she is repaying the entire amount at the end of two years?
I. The rate of interest is 5%pa
II. Simple interest fetched on the same amount in one year is Rs.600
III. The amount borrowed is 10times the simple interest in 2 years.
(A) I only
(B) III only
(C) I or II only
(D) I or III only
(E) all I, II and III are required
4. A group of people decided to cut 128 trees in a certain number of days. For the first 4 days, they were able to achieve their planned per day target. However, for the remaining days, the group was able to cut 4 more trees daily than planned. In this way, the group had cut 144 trees one day before the planned finish date. What was the number of trees the group was planning to cut per day?
5. In a class, if 50% of the boys were girls, then there would be 50% more girls than boys. What percentage of the overall class is girls?
6. In an ice-cream factory, 30% of total Vanilla-flavored ice-cream produced is mixed with 40% of total Banana-flavored ice-cream produced, in a ratio of 1:1. Find the overall percentage of ice-cream produced (approximately) which is mixed with each other. (Ice-creams of only these 2 flavors are produced in the factory)
7. Two persons A and B start moving at each other from point P and Q respectively which are 1400 Km apart. Speed of A is 50 Km/hr and that of B is 20 Km/hr. How far is A from Q when he meets B for the 22nd time?
8. In an examination the candidate was asked to attempt 50 questions where all the questions were mandatory.1 mark is given for each correct answer and 25% of the correct answer’s mark is deducted if answer is incorrect. Nisha appeared the exam and scored 27.5 marks. How many incorrect answers she gave?
9. A bag contains 3Purple cubes,4 Black cubes and 5 red cubes. If two cubes are drawn at random, what is the probability that both of them are of same colour?
(E) None of these
ep Recommended Test Series