Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for SBI PO Prelims on Cloze Test and Para Jumble.
Get Grade Up Mock Test Series for SBI PO 2017 - 5 Mocks @85/- One Mock is Free, All bi-lingual and explained with video - click to get
Directions (Q. 1–5): Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
(A) It has fought unitedly against the British rule under the Leadership of the Mahatma Gandhi.
(B) The same spirit is needed for the continuous growth and happiness of the Nation.
(C) So, National Integration is essential forever.
(D) Because of its spirit of unity it got Independence on 15th August, 1947.
(E) India is a democratic country.
(F) Only when there is peace, we can develop into a great Nation.
1. Which of the following would be the 'SECOND' sentence after rearrangement?
1) D 2) A 3) E 4) F 5) C
2. Which of the following would be the 'FOURTH' sentence after rearrangement?
1) B 2) A 3) F 4) D 5) E
3. Which of the following would be the 'LAST(SIXTH)' sentence after rearrangement?
1) F 2) D 3) C 4) B 5) A
4. Which of the following would be the 'THIRD' sentence after rearrangement?
1) D 2) A 3) F 4) E 5) B
5. Which of the following would be the 'FIFTH' sentence after rearrangement?
1) B 2) A 3) E 4) D 5) F
Directions (Q. 6-10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate words without changing the meaning of the passage.
Capital investment is essential for (6) of productive capacity and adding new capacity for current and future industrial growth. The (7) of this article is to make an assessment of capital investment in the private corporate sector, which would provide important insights into the business expectations about performance of economy in (8), and the infrastructure and manufacturing sectors in (9). The method of (10) growth in corporate investment should, ideally, be based on the available means of financing an investment project.
6. 1) installation 2) maintenance 3) aggravation 4) generation 5) modernization
7. 1) problem 2) objective 3) summary 4) essence 5) moral
8. 1) abstract 2) globe 3) development 4) general 5) details
9. 1) particular 2) question 3) view 4) future 5) industrialisation
10. 1) reinventing 2) augmenting 3) estimating 4) amplifying 5) checking
(1–5): E A D B F C
ep Recommended Test Series