Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is the fifth set of SBI PO Mains Current Affairs Quiz with detailed Explanation.
1. Which of the following bank recently launched chatbot Eva for customer services?
1) Yes Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) DBS Bank
2. What is the estimated project cost of North East Road Network Connectivity Project Phase I?
1) Rs 6,721 crore
2) Rs 6,271 crore
3) Rs 7,621 crore
4) Rs 6,712 crore
5) Rs 6,172 crore
3. National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has tied up with Reliance Retail to launch its digital payments solutions in _____________.
1) New Delhi
4. Which of the following bank recently tied up with SBI Card to launch co-branded credit card?
1) Bandhan Bank
2) Dhanalaxmi Bank
3) Laxmi Vilas Bank
4) City Union Bank
5) Karnataka Bank
5. Bakshi stadium is located in which of the following state?
1) Uttar Pradesh
2) Madhya Pradesh
4) Himachal Pradesh
5) None of the above
6. World Tuberculosis Day is observed on ___________.
1) 24 March
2) 21 March
3) 23 March
4) 25 March
5) 27 March
7. MoPNG e-Seva was launched by Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan for which of the following purpose?
1) online knowledge platform on CNG
2) online platform for domestic and commercial connections
3) online auction platform relating to Oil and Gas Sector
4) online platform for all queries and grievances relating to Oil and Gas Sector
5) None of the above
8. India in the last week of March, 2017 became the _________ largest aviation market in domestic traffic.
9. The third meeting of the G20 Framework Working Group concluded on 29 March 2017 in ___________.
10. In which of the following state did Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) on 26 March 2017 launched Mobile Clinic Services?
1) Andhra Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) Both 1 and 2
11. How many more affordable houses for the benefit of urban poor did the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation on 22 March 2017 sanctioned for Puducherry, Telangana and Himachal Pradesh?
12. What was the theme of World Water Day 2017?
1) Clean Water before 2030
2) Water for Future
3) Better Water, better jobs
4) Water and Sustainable Development
5) Why Waste Water?
13. With which of the following state did HCL Technologies sign MoU to set up Rs 500 cr campus in the state?
1) Andhra Pradesh
14. What amount of loan agreement did India recently sign with the New Development Bank (NDB) for development and upgradation of major district roads project in Madhya Pradesh?
1) USD 250 million
2) USD 350 million
3) USD 300 million
4) USD 450 million
5) USD 340 million
15. What was the rank of HDFC MD Aditya Puri in the World's Best CEOs list of American financial magazine Barron’s?
We highly recommend:
- 20 Mock Test for SBI PO at Just 250/- - Click here
ONE MOCK TEST IS FREE!
- 10 Mock Tests for NIACL Assistant Mains at Just 200/- - Click here
16. What was India’s rank in the Global Energy Architecture Performance Index (EAPI) Report 2017?
17. For which of the following purpose did SBI Card on 28 March 2017 launch the Unnati Credit Card?
1) to spread credit inclusion among masses
2) to spread credit inclusion among farmers
3) to spread financial inclusion among farmers
4) to spread credit inclusion among rural customers
5) to spread financial inclusion among rural customers
18. Which of the following Indian state will host the Men's Hockey World Cup 2018?
19. Which of the following bank recently launched 8-11, a completely digital and paperless account opening system, that can be used anytime, anywhere?
1) Yes Bank
2) Kotak Mahindra Bank
3) IndusInd Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) Axis Bank
20. Name the first state to bring banking to remote areas.
21. With which of the following bank did Truecaller recently tie up to launch its new payments service called Truecaller Pay?
1) Axis Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) IndusInd Bank
4) ICICI Bank
5) State Bank of India
22. Satwiksairaj Rankireddy is associated with which sports?
1) Table Tennis
23. The Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways and Shipping, Nitin Gadkari inaugurated a new child care centre in ___________.
3) New Delhi
24. Name he first tiger reserve in India to officially introduce a mascot.
1) Ratapani Tiger Reserve
2) Valmiki Tiger Reserve
3) Kaziranga Tiger Reserve
4) Kanha Tiger Reserve
5) Bor Tiger Reserve
25. World Conference on Environment 2017 was held in ___________.
3) New Delhi
Answers with Explanations - Tap to show
1. 3) HDFC Bank on 5 March,2017 announced the launch of an electronic virtual assistant (EVA), an artificial intelligence-driven chatbot, for customer services. Eva is India's first AI-based banking chatbot and can answer millions of customer queries across multiple channels instantly, HDFC Bank said in a statement.
2. 1) The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved the Phase I of the North East Road Network Connectivity Project. The approval was given at a meeting of the CCEA chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 22 March 2017 in New Delhi. The estimated cost is Rs 6,721 crore, including cost of land acquisition, resettlement and other preconstruction activities.
3. 4) The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has tied up with Reliance Retail to launch its digital payments solutions such as UPI and BHIM across all retail stores in Mumbai. There are about 200 Reliance stores (across all formats) in Mumbai.
4. 5) Karnataka Bank and SBI Card have launched co-branded credit cards for the customers of Karnataka Bank. Through this alliance Karnataka Bank and SBI Card will launch two variants of the co-branded credit card – ‘Karnataka Bank Platinum SBI Card’ and ‘Karnataka Bank SimplySAVE SBI Card’.
5. 5) Bakshi Stadium is located in Jammu & Kashmir. It was in news since the Bakshi stadium in Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir is all set to be developed into a world-class facility as per the FIFA norms. The total estimated cost of the project is expected to be around Rs 48 Cr.
6. 1) The World Tuberculosis (TB) Day 2017 was observed globally on 24 March 2017 with the theme Unite to End TB: Leave no one behind.
7. 4) Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan on 24 March 2017 launched MoPNG e-Seva, a dedicated grievances redressal platform on Social Media for all queries and grievances relating to Oil and Gas Sector.
8. 2) India has become the third largest aviation market in terms of domestic passenger traffic, according to an industry report by the Sydney-based aviation think-tank, Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA). India acquired the third position by beating Japan, the domestic passenger traffic of which stood at 97 million in 2016.
9. 3) The third meeting of the G20 Framework Working Group concluded on 29 March 2017 in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
10. 5) The Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) on 26 March 2017 launched Mobile Clinic Services for Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
11. 1) The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation on 22 March 2017 sanctioned 3128 more affordable houses for the benefit of urban poor in Puducherry, 924 for Telangana and 2655 for Himachal Pradesh under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY).
12. 5) 2017 World Water Day was observed on 22nd March with the theme Why Waste Water?
13. 1) India's fourth largest IT services company HCL Technologies signed an MoU with Andhra Pradesh government to set up its rs 500 crore campus in Vijayawada-Amaravati region.
14. 2) India on 30 March 2017 signed loan agreement with the New Development Bank (NDB) of USD 350 million for development and upgradation of major district roads project in Madhya Pradesh.
15. 3) HDFC Bank Managing Director Aditya Puri was on 25 March 2017 got featured in the World's Best CEOs list of American financial magazine Barron’s. Puri ranked at 23rd position in the list beating social media giant Facebook’s CEO Mark Zuckerberg who got the 30th spot.
16. 3) The World Economic Forum (WEF) on 22 March 2017 released the Global Energy Architecture Performance Index (EAPI) Report 2017. The index ranked 127 countries on their ability to deliver secure, affordable and sustainable energy. In the report, while Switzerland occupied the top spot, India was placed in the 87th position.
17. 1) SBI Card on 28 March 2017 launched the Unnati Credit Card to spread credit inclusion among masses. The card was launched by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines Piyush Goyal at a programe in New Delhi.
18. 4) Bhubaneswar will host the mens hockey World League Final 2017 and World Cup 2018, the International Hockey Federation (FIH) and the government of Odisha confirmed.
19. 2) Kotak Mahindra Bank recently launched 8-11, a completely digital and paperless account opening system, that can be used anytime, anywhere.
20. 5) Odisha on 27 March 2017 became the first state in the country to carry financial inclusion and extend banking services to remote rural areas through Self Help Groups (SHGs).
21. 4) Stockholm-based Truecaller on 28 March 2017 tied-up with ICICI Bank to launch its new payments service called Truecaller Pay.
22. 2) Satwiksairaj Rankireddy is a badminton player. Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty of India on 27 March 2017 won the USD 20,000 Vietnam Open International Challenger badminton title.
23. 1) The Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways and Shipping, Nitin Gadkari inaugurated a new child care centre in Mumbai for children who have cancer on 30 March 2017.
24. 4) Kanha Tiger Reserve in the last week of Macrh 2017 became the first tiger reserve in India to officially introduce a mascot, named Bhoorsingh the Barasingha.
25. 3) The World Conference on Environment 2017 concluded on 26 March 2017 in New Delhi. While the two-day long conference was inaugurated by the President Pranab Mukherjee on 25 March 2017, the Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh attended the closing ceremony at the Vigyan Bhawan.
For all the previous Quizzes - Click here
ep Recommended Test Series
current affairs quiz for ibps po exam, current affairs quiz for sbi po exam, banking awareness for sbi po exam, bankersadda gk capsule, gk capsule sbi po exam, sbi po exam 2017