Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is the fourth set of SBI PO Mains Current Affairs Quiz with detailed Explanation.
Q 1. ICICI Bank recently launched ‘Mera iMobile’ app. Which of following is the feature of the app?
(1) UPI app for customers
(2) Mobile banking app for hindi language speaking customers
(3) Multilingual mobile banking app for rural customers
(4) Multilingual mobile banking app for all customers
(5) None of the above
Q 2. With which of the following state did State Bank of India sign a MoU to provide housing, educational loan at subsidised interest rates?
(2) Arunachal Pradesh
Q 3. Union Cabinet approved proposal to establish a Fund of Funds for Start-ups on 22nd March, 2017. What is the total corpus of Fund of Funds for Start-ups?
(1) Rs 12000 crore
(2) Rs 16000 crore
(3) Rs 15000 crore
(4) Rs 10000 crore
(5) Rs 20000 crore
Q 4. Who topped the Forbes World's Billionaires List 2017?
(1) Warren Buffet
(2) Mark Zuckerberg
(3) Jeff Bezos
(4) Carlos Slim Helu
(5) Bill Gates
Q 5. What was India’s rank in the World Happiness Report 2017?
Q 6. International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination is observed on ___________.
(1) 22 March
(2) 21 March
(3) 23 March
(4) 25 March
(5) 24 March
Q 7. The World Bank on 23 March 2017 signed a USD 100 million credit agreement with the Union Government to improve quality of healthcare services in which state?
(1) Uttar Pradesh
(2) West Bengal
(3) Andhra Pradesh
Q 8. For how much amount did Bharti Airtel on 23 March 2017 acquire 4G business of Tikona Networks?
(1) Rs 1600 crore
(2) Rs 400 crore
(3) Rs 1800 crore
(4) Rs 600 crore
(5) Rs 1200 crore
Q 9. Who among the followings won the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2017?
(2) Tamil Nadu
Q 10. Union Cabinet recently approved proposal for amendments to NABARD Act, 1981. Amendments to National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development Act, 1981 include provisions that enable Union Government to increase the authorized capital of NABARD from Rs 5000 crore to ___________.
(1) Rs 12000 crore
(2) Rs 25000 crore
(3) Rs 35000 crore
(4) Rs 30000 crore
(5) Rs 45000 crore
Q 11. The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation on 22 March 2017 sanctioned 3128 more affordable houses for the benefit of urban poor in which of the following states?
(2) Himachal Pradesh
(4) Both 1 and 2
(5) All 1, 2 and 3
Q 12. Which of the following Indian cities was NOT included in the Tentative List of UNESCO World Heritage Sites?
Q 13. What was India’s rank in the 2016 Human Development Report (HDR)?
Q 14. World Water Day is observed on _________.
(1) 22 March
(2) 23 March
(3) 24 March
(4) 25 March
(5) 21 March
Q 15. Ankur Mittal is associated with which sports?
(2) Weight Lifting
Answers with Explanations - Tap to show
1. 3) ICICI Bank has launched the Mera iMobile app, which is designed as a multilingual one stop shop for a range of digital services for rural customers.
2. 1) To provide housing loan and educational loan at subsidised interest rates to the employees of the state government, a MoU was signed on between the Assam government and State Bank of India.
3. 4) The Union Cabinet on 22 March 2017 approved the proposal to establish the Fund of Funds of Startups (FFS). The Union Cabinet in 2016 approved the proposal to establish a Fund of Funds for Start-ups (FFS) with a total corpus of Rs 10000 crore.
4. 5) Bill Gates topped the list with fortune of USD 86 billion. He is not only the Number 1 in the list for the fourth year in a row, but also is the richest person in the world for 18 out of the past 23 years.
5. 3) In the report, while Norway was adjudged as the happiest country in the world, India was ranked 122, much behind most of the SAARC nations including Pakistan and Nepal.
6. 2) The International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination was observed globally on 21 March 2017 with the theme 'Racial profiling and incitement to hatred, including in the context of migration'.
7. 5) The World Bank on 23 March 2017 signed a USD 100 million credit agreement with the Union Government and Uttarakhand to improve quality of healthcare services in all 13 districts of Uttarakhand.
8. 1) Bharti Airtel on 23 March 2017 acquired 4G business of Tikona Networks including the Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) business and 350 sites across 5 circles of Tikona Digital for Rs 1600 crore.
9. 2) Tamil Nadu on 20 March 2017 won the Vijay Hazare Trophy of Cricket, for the fifth time. In the Final played at the Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium in Delhi, they defeated Bengal by 37 runs
10. 4) The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on 22 March 2017 approved the proposal for Amendments to the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) Act, 1981. Amendments to National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development Act, 1981 include provisions that enable Union Government to increase the authorized capital of NABARD from Rs 5000 crore to Rs 30000 crore.
11. 5) The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation on 22 March 2017 sanctioned 3128 more affordable houses for the benefit of urban poor in Puducherry, 924 for Telangana and 2655 for Himachal Pradesh under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY).
12. 5) The Union Government on 22 March 2017 informed that five Indian cities were included in the Tentative List of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The cities were Ahmedabad, Delhi, Jaipur, Bhubaneswar, Mumbai.
13. 2) India has slipped to rank 131in the 2016 Human Development Report (HDR) that was released by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) on 21 March 2017.
14. 1) The World Water Day (WWD) was observed globally on 22 March 2017 with theme Why Wastewater?
15. 4) Ankur Mittal is associated with Shooting. He was in news since he won gold in mens Double Trap with a world recordequalling effort at the ongoing Shotgun World Cup.
ep Recommended Test Series