Hello and welcome to exampundit. As requested by everyone, today we are going to discuss about the ways to ace your descriptive test preparation for SBI PO, NICL AO and BOB Manipal 2017 Exams.
The followings are the syllabus of Descriptive for SBI PO, BOB Manipal and NICL AO exam:
1. SBI PO - The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). 2 Questions, 50 marks and 30 minutes.
2. NICL AO - The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes with 30 marks will be a test of English Language(Essay, Precis and Comprehension). 3 Questions, 30 minutes and 30 marks.
3. BOB Manipal - The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). 2 Questions, 50 marks and 30 minutes.
For Essays:(SBI PO, NICL AO & BOB Manipal)
1. Do not Use Big Sentences! It really reduces the impression. For eg. our Author title has this sentence "The website is the ideal portal for Current Affairs, Banking Quiz, Reasoning and Other Quizzes and Impromptu news of IBPS, SSC, SBI, RBI and All Govt Exams." It is lengthy but suitable for a website not your Essay. So the sentences should be precise but not incomplete.
2. Not Too Big Paragraph Not Too Short Paragraphs. You must write the essay in paragraphs but the paragraphs should neither be too big nor too small. A perfect medium length paragraph is always appealing and scoring. For eg. This post has several medium length paragraphs.
3. NEVER number your paragraphs. Like we are numbering each points, you should NEVER do that! Once you number, Boom!! Gone!! Your chances!
4. Only ONE Conclusion. If your essay has more than one Conclusion, the marks will fall down like India's batting line up in WC2015 Semi Final. One Conclusion at the end shall have everything you need to convey. If you don't have any conclusion, your essay is incomplete and your marks are gone!
5. Punctuation, Spelling, Capitalisation and Grammar Accuracy is needed. The essay shall have NO Punctuation, Spelling or Capitalisation Error. Do Not Write, like We are writing.
For Precise: (NICL AO)
1. As mentioned in the 5th point of Essay, Punctuation, Spelling, Capitalisation and Grammar Accuracy is needed. The essay shall have NO Punctuation, Spelling or Capitalisation Error. Do Not Write, like We are writing.
"You should be writing like this. Exactly like this will help you to score more."
2. Do not repeat words, sentence in precise. If you do that, you will not score more. If you can't add more sentence or words, just let it be. Don't repeat unnecessarily.
3. Don't take Sentences from Precise and Rebuild or Paste them. Precise should be completely in your words but with the actual meaning of the passage.
That's all. The points in this article has been suggested on basis of Psychological and Visual Impacts you will give to the Examiner!
For Letters: (SBI PO, NICL AO & BOB Manipal)
1. Every letter must have a well organised paragraph format. One, opening paragraph which includes Introduction, another Paragraph having the information/problem which you want to state. Third paragraph should have the outcome you are expecting. Finally, a small conclusion which should be polite.
2. Use proper grammars. Using wrong grammars can change the whole meaning. So proper grammar is very necessary.
3. Don’t use contradictions. For example, write “I am” not “I’m”.
4. Punctuation is very necessary. As said in the 2nd point, similarly wrong punctuation can easily ruin the sentence.
5. Make a list of points you will mention and give yourself one or two minute to think about the subject.
Here are the formats:
:: Formal Letter Sample ::
:: Informal Letter Sample ::
ep Recommended Test Series