Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for NIACL Assistant 2017.
Directions (Q. 1-5): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. Mark the part with error as your answer. If there is no error, mark 'No error' as your answer. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any.)
1. After a year-long legal battle, / the environment ministry today / granted a condition clearance / to the first phase of the multi crore project .
(a) After a year-long legal battle,
(b) the environment ministry today
(c) granted a condition clearance
(d) to the first phase of the multi crore project .
(e) No error
2. Non- banking financial companies/ (NBFCs) have seen a significant/ improvement in handling of assets/ even in the high interest rate regime.
(a) Non- banking financial companies
(b) (NBFCs) have se en a significant
(c) improvement in handling of assets
(d) even in the high interest rate regime
(e) No error
3. Partial withdraw of flights/ has led to spot fares/ rising in the bay metro/ route by over 100 percent.
(a) Partial withdraw of flights
(b) has led to spot fares
(c) rising in bay metro
(d) route by over 100 percent
(e) None of these
4. The rating agency said/ Austrian banks’ asset quality was likely to worsen/ leading to higher provisioning/ needs in 2005 and 2006.
(a) The rating agency said
(b) Austrian banks’ asset quality was likely to worsen
(c) leading to higher provisioning
(d) needs in 2005 and 2006
(e) No error
5. Japan tobacco has made/ several attempts to increase their stake/ in the Indian company from/ fifty percent to seventy four percent.
(a) Japan tobacco has made
(b) several attempts to increase their stake
(c) in the Indian company from
(d) fifty percent to seventy four percent
(e) No error
Directions (Q.6-10): Rearrange the following sentences (A),(B),(C),(D),(E), (F) and (G) to make a meaningful paragraph and answer the questions which follow:
(A)Incidentally, a request from Amnesty India for registration under FCRA has been pending with the home ministry for a couple of years.
(B) According to reports, Kusuma Trust founder Anurag Dixit had pleaded guilty to charges of illegal internet gambling and agreed to cooperate with a US justice department probe.
(C) As Amnesty India faces a sedition case for allegedly raising anti-India slogans at a Bengaluru event, the home ministry has started a probe into its funding to check for a possible foreign source.
(D) Indian Intelligence agencies had given an adverse opinion on Amnesty India’s request seeking prior permission for the Kusuma Trust donation, stating that apart from its suspicious antecedents, Kusuma Trust was mainly working in the field of education.
(E) The home ministry which had allowed donation to Amnesty India from Amnesty International, UK earlier refused to allow the £300,000 donation as function of the Gibraltar based Kusuma Trust, from which £100,00 were to be sourced, had pleaded guilty in a United States court in 2008 of a gambling fraud.
(F) They noted that objectives of the Kusuma Trust did not agree with that of Amnesty India, which was involved in “vastly different” field of human rights.
(G) Amnesty India is not registered under the foreign contribution regulation act (FCRA), 2010, and its last request for prior permission was for a £300,000 foreign donation in 2012, of which £100,000 originated from a suspicious NGO registered in the tax haven of Gibraltar.
6. Which of the following sentences should be the THIRD after rearrangement?
7. Which of the following sentences should be the FIFTH after rearrangement?
8. Which of the following sentences should be the LAST after rearrangement?
9. Which of the following sentences should be the FOURTH after rearrangement?
10. Which of the following sentences should be the SIXTH after rearrangement?
1. (c) 'conditional' should be used instead of 'condition'.
2. (e) no error
3. (a) 'withdrawal' should be used in place of 'withdraw'
4. (e) no error
5. (b) its(singular) should replace their(pronoun in plural form)
The correct order is C G E B D F A
6. (e) E
7. (c) D
8. (a) A
9. (e) B
10. (c) F
ep Recommended Test Series