Hello and welcome to exampundit. So here is a set of SBI PO Prelims Quantitative Aptitude Quiz 2017.
1. An oil reservoir having 2 pipes connected to it is 3/4th full. The pipe from West direction can fill the reservoir in 10 minutes and pipe from east direction can empty it in 6 minutes. If the western and eastern pipe are opened together at the same time, in how much duration will the tanker empty/ fill completely?
a) 6 minutes fill
b) 3.75 minutes empty
c) 3.75 minutes fill
d) 5 minutes empty
2. Harry and Mary started a poultry farm by investing Rs. 16,000 and Rs. 12,000 respectively. When the poultry farm completed 3 months, Harry withdrew Rs. 5000 while Mary invested Rs. 5000 more. After the half yearly anniversary of the setup of poultry farm, Deepak joins the business with a capital of Rs. 21,000, The share of Mary exceeds that of Deepak, out of a total profit of Rs. 26,400 after one year by:
3. Subham bought a book from me at $100 and sold it to me for $200. He bought it back from me for $300 and then sold it back to me for $400. Did Subham make any profit in this process? If yes, how much ?
4. The profit( in percentage) earned by three shopkeepers X, Y and Z is 10 %, 20 % and 25% and ratio of the CP of their products is 1:2:4. Also, the ratio of number of goods solved by the three shopkeepers is 2:5:2 respectively, then overall profit percentage earned by the three shopkeepers is?
d) 68 %
5. The ratio of total weekly sales of two international books A and B is 4:5 and the ratio of their printing charges is 5:6. What is the ratio of profits earned by the books A and B , if A’s profit is equal to its 8th of its sales.
6. Six years ago, there were 7 members in Gopal’s family and then the average age of his family was 49 years. Then, Gopal got married and had a daughter., but the average age of the family remained the same. The present age of Gopal’s wife is
e) Cannot be determined
7. The total age of all the guests in a party was 540 years. If a Kashmiri couple left the party, the average remains unchanged. The wife and husband had same date of birth. Therefore , the average age of this couple and the total number of guests respectively will be :
a) 18, 27
b) 20 ,27
d) Cannot be determined
8. Aakash is a witty farmer. He always makes sure his farm is safe from trespassers. Hence he builds up a square shaped fence around his field . He uses 26 steel poles in each side, with a distance of 4m between each pole. What is Aakash’s field’s area?
a) 2.76 milihectare
b) 1 hectare
c) 1.6 milihectare
d) 2.76 hectare
9. Rohan is a sugarcane farmer. He processes sugar and adulterates by making a mixture by mixing 26 kg of sugar at rs 20 per kg with 30 kg of sugar obtained in a different batch at rs 36 per kg and marks the selling price of the sugar at Rs 30 per kg. His profit percent is :
d) No profit no loss
10. Equal amounts of each Rs 48392 is lend to two persons for 3 years. One @ 30 % SI and other @ 30 % CI annually. By how much percent the CI is greater than the SI in these 3 years?
Answers & Solutions - Tap to show
Clearly, pipe from east is faster than pipe from west and so, the tank will be emptied.
Part to be emptied = 3/4th
Part emptied by (eastern + western pipe ) in 1 minute = (1/6 - 1/10) = 1/15
1/15 : 3/4 :: 1 : x
x = (3/4 * 1 * 15) = 3.75 min.
So, the tank will be emptied in 3.75 min.
Harry : Mary : Deepak =
(16000 * 3 + 11000 * 9) : (12000 * 3 + 17000 * 9) : (21000 * 6)
= 147 : 189 : 126
= 7 : 9 ; 6.
Difference of Mary and Deepak 's shares = Rs. ( 26400 * 9/22 - 26400 * 6/22 ) = Rs.
Subham’s earnings = $200 + $400 = $600.
Subham’s spending = $100 + $300 = $400.
Therefore, the profit earned by Subham = $600 - $400 = $200.
P of all the 3 shopkeepers = 2xy+5x*2y+2x*4y=20xy
Profit of X= 0.2xy
% profit= 4.2xy/20xy *100 = 21%
Let their monthly sales = a/4x and b/5y
And their monthly expenditure = 5y and 6y
Given, A’s profit = 4x/8 = x/2
So,4x - 5y = x/2=>4x - x/2 = 5y
7x = 10y=>y= (7/10)x
Profit of B = 5x – 6y
= 5x – (6*7/10)x
= (25x – 21x) / 5
So the ratio of their profit is
x/2 : 4x/5=>ratio=5:8
No information regarding the wife.
Solve through options
Let number of total guests be 27
540/27=20=average age of all guests
After the couple leaves the average=[540-(2*20)]/25=20(unchanged)
Hence option b 20,27 is correct
Length of the fence between 26 poles = 25x4=100m ( each side)
Area of the field= 1002 =10000 m2 = 1 hectare
CP of 56 kg adulterated sugar= (26x20)+(30x36)=Rs 1600
Sp of the 56 kg adulterated sugar= 56x30= 1680
Profit= 80/1600 x100= 5 %
CI is greater than SI by Rs 29.7 (i.e. 119.7-90)
% increase= 29.7/90 x100= 33%