Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of Puzzle Quiz for SBI PO Prelims 2017.
Directions: 1-5 – Read the followings and answer carefully:
In a garden, benches were placed in a hexagonal pattern. Each bench could accommodate only one person . All the benches forming the edges of the hexagon are equidistant from each other. Six persons –Rahul, Rehan, Reham, Rihan, Rahim, Rohan come for a picnic to the garden and get themselves seated on each chair of the hexagon for a photograph.
- Rohan is in the middle of Rahul and Rihan
- Rahul is not adjacent to Rihan and Reham
- Rahim is not adjacent to Rehan and Rihan
- Rehan and Rihan are adjacent to each other
Each of the six persons saw under their benches and found a gift bag containing six different things- chocolate, cake, Candy, Books, ice cream and cards.
The person sitting between Rohan and Rahim got ice-cream.
The person facing Rohan got Cakes.
The person facing Rahul got books and the person facing Rihan got candy.
1. If one of the adjacent edges of Rahim is occupied by Rahul, the another adjacent edge of Rahim is occupied by ?
e) Cannot be determined
2. What did Rohan get in the gift bag beneath his bench ?
b) Either chocolate or cards
c) Either cards or candy
e) None of the above
3. How many persons sit between Rohan and Reham in either directions?
d) Cannot be determined
e) Either 2 or 3
4. Who got books in the gift bag?
5. The person sitting in between Rehan and Rahim got ____ in his gift bag?
d) Either cake or cards
Directions: 6-10 – Read the following information carefully and answer the below questions:
Eight employees Sparsh, Saket, Swarup, Siddharth, Sourav, Sonal, Sonam and Sonali are working in an MNC firm in different departments viz Editing, Advertising, Billing, computing, marketing, taxing, censoring and accounting but not necessarily in the same order. All of them are sitting around a circular table but not facing the centre. Sonali sits third to the right of Siddharth. Sparsh and Swarup are not in Editing. Only one employee sits between Sourav and the Editor. Taxing and Billing employees are immediate neighbour of each other. 'Sparsh' is neither in marketing nor taxing. Only one employee sits between Sonal and computing employee. Sonal does not works in either Editing or Billing. Sparsh sits third to the left of Sonam. Sonam is in advertising. Siddharth is not the immediate neighbour of either Sparsh or Sonam. The one who works in accounting is an immediate neighbour of Siddharth. Three employees sits between Sonam and the censoring employee. Sonali is not in either Editing or accounting.
6. Who among the following is the Billing employee?
e) None of these
7. Who among the following represent immediate neighbour of Sonali ?
b) Sonal, Saket
c) Siddharth, Sourav
d) Sonal, Sparsh
e) Sonal and marketing employee
8. Which of the following is true regarding Sourav ?
a) Sourav sits second to the left of Sonal.
b) Sourav is in taxing.
c) Sourav sits between Swarup and the Billing employee.
d) Only one person sits between Sourav and Billing employee.
e) None of these
9. How many persons sit between Saket and taxing employee, when counted clockwise from Saket ?
10. Which of the following is true ?
a) Saket is the editor
b) Only one person is sitting between taxing and marketing employees.
c) The Billing employee is an immediate neighbour of Sourav.
d) One person sits between Sonam and the editor.
e) None of these