Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for SBI PO Prelims on error and para jumble.
Direction for questions 1 to 6:: Rearrange the following sentences (A),(B),(C),(D),(E), (F), (G) and (H) to make a meaningful paragraph and answer the questions which follow:
(A)Apple’s technology has already been described as ‘cutting edge’ by a government panel headed by DIPP secretary Ramesh Abhishek. Similarly, Chinese company LeEco will be subjected to the same conditions if its claim of having ‘cutting edge’ technology is endorsed by panel.
(B)Upon completion of the first three years, such entities will be given the flexibility to source according to their operational needs for the next five years so that they don’t face much of a problem to enhance their manufacturing base.
(C)This means they may not strictly adhere to the annual 30% sourcing rule in any of those five years. Once the relaxed regime is over, they are mandated to comply with mandatory 30% sourcing rule every year.
(D)The latest move assumes significance after conflicting signals in recent months over Apple’s bid to set up shop in India. Apple CEO Tim Cook visited India for the first time in May with an aim to tap the world’s fastest growing smartphone market.
(E)Also, the companies like Apple will be given a flexibility to source an average of 30% locally over a five year period once the three ear exemption from the sourcing rule is over. These changes were announced last year by the DIPP.
(F)However, another Chinese company Xiaomi, which recently withdrew application for such a waiver, will have to comply with the mandatory 30% sourcing rule from the beginning should it wish to set up its own retail store.
(G)The cabinet recently approved a three year exemption from 30% annual local sourcing required for foreign single brand retail companies with ‘cutting edge technology’ paving way for global players like Apple to open their first retail store in India.
(H)However, by the end of fifth year, such entities must have sourced an average of 30% locally over that five-year period.
1. Which of the following sentence should be the THIRD after the rearrangement?
2. Which of the following sentence should be the FOURTH after the rearrangement?
3. Which of the following sentence should be the FIFTH after the rearrangement?
4. Which of the following sentence should be the SIXTH after the rearrangement?
5. Which of the following sentence should be the SEVENTH after the rearrangement?
6. Which of the following sentence should be the EIGHTH after the rearrangement?
Direction for questions 7 to 11: Answer the questions based on the following information. In these questions, each sentence has been divided into four parts, marked a, b, c and d. Identify that part of the sentence which needs to be changed for the sentence to be grammatically correct.
a) Almost all school teachers insist that
b) a student's mother
c) is responsible for the student's conduct
d) as well as his dress.
a) In the forthcoming elections
b) every man and woman
c) must vote for the candidate
d) of their choice.
a) If one has to decide
b) about the choice of a career
c) you should choose that option
d) which is really beneficial.
a) It is essential that diseases like tuberculosis
b) are detected and treated
c) as early as possible in order to
d) assure a successful cure.
a) The Mumbai police have found
b) the body of a man
c) who they believe to be
d) the prime suspect in a murder case.
The correct order is -GEBHCAFD
7. c 'The student's' should be replaced with 'his'.
8. d We are talking about 'every man or woman', therefore the pronoun used should be singular 'his/her', instead of 'their'.
9. c The pronoun should remain consistent throughout the sentence, hence 'you' should be replaced with 'one'.
10. d 'Assure' is an intransitive verb and should be followed by an object. The correct usage here would be 'be sure of'.
11. c The man being referred here is the object to the verb, hence 'who' should be replaced with 'whom'.
ep Recommended Test Series