Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is the second set of SBI PO Mains Current Affairs Quiz with detailed Explanation.
1. The world’s oldest aircraft carrier in active service, INS Viraat was decommissioned on 6 March 2017. How many years did it serve the Indian Navy?
1) 50 years
2) 40 years
3) 30 years
4) 35 years
5) 25 years
2. How much amount of black money did Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigating Team (SIT) announce to detect?
1) 60000 crore rupees
2) 75000 crore rupees
3) 80000 crore rupees
4) 70000 crore rupees
5) 72000 crore rupees
3. Recently the Reserve Bank of India restricted NBFC cash loan against gold to ___________.
1) 20,000 rupees
2) 25,000 rupees
3) 30,000 rupees
4) 35,000 rupees
5) 15,000 rupees
4. K Srinath Reddy, a Padma Bhushan awardee was appointed as the adviser to which state government?
2) Tamil Nadu
5. With which of the following nation did India in the first week of March, 2017 sign a Protocol to amend the existing Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) between the two countries?
2) South Korea
4) South Africa
6. Name the first bank to launch the biometric-based payment system through its system.
1) ICICI Bank
2) IDFC Bank
3) Axis Bank
4) IDBI Bank
5) State Bank of India
7. Which of the following state recently launched the Tirtha Darshan scheme for senior citizens?
2) Madhya Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
8. Who among the following Indian actress won Best Actress Award at the International Film Festival and Awards of Australia (IFFAA)?
1) Priyanka Chopra
2) Kangana Ranaut
3) Radhika Apte
4) Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
5) Alia Bhatt
9. What was the theme of International Women’s Day 2017?
1) Investing in Women and Girls
2) Women in the Changing World of Work: Planet 50-50 by 2030
3) Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step It Up for Gender Equality
4) Equality for Women is Progress for All
5) Empower Rural Women, End Poverty and Hunger
10. Who among the following won the men’s singles titles at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships 2017?
1) Andy Murray
2) Novak Djokovic
3) Roger Federer
4) Rafael Nadal
5) Jo Wilfred Tsonga
11. Thomas E Starzl, who recently passed away was ____________.
1) A surgeon
2) A physicist
3) An Economist
4) A Politician
5) None of the above
12. Pradeep Nair named Regional Director of Ford Foundation for India and ____________.
1) Sri Lanka
4) Both 1 and 2
5) Both 1 and 3
13. Which of the following nation overtook eurozone as world’s biggest bank system?
3) United States of America
14. How much amount of loan facility did State Bank of India recently sign with the German KfW Development Bank to support lending for affordable housing in India?
1) $274 million USD
2) $275 million USD
3) $270 million USD
4) $300 million USD
5) $475 million USD
15. With which of the following company(s) did Tata Motors recently tie up for joint development of products?
1) Volkswagen Group
4) Both 1 and 2
5) Both 1 and 3
Answers & Explanations - Tap to show
- 3) The world’s oldest aircraft carrier in active service, INS Viraat was decommissioned on 6 March 2017. INS Viraat is the longest serving aircraft carrier in the Indian naval fleet. It was commissioned into the Indian Navy on 12 May 1987.
- 4) Justice (retd) Arijit Pashayat, the Vice-Chairman of the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigating Team (SIT) on black money, on 2 March 2017 said so far the amount of unearthed black money from across the country stands to Rs 70 thousand crore.
- 1) The Reserve Bank of India has sharply brought down the threshold above which non-banking finance companies (NBFCs) can disburse loans against gold only by cheque. The central bank said with immediate effect such loans amounting to Rs. 20,000 and above can be disbursed only by cheque as against the earlier threshold of Rs. 1 lakh and above. This move is in line with the rules issued under the Income Tax Act.
- 4) K Srinath Reddy, a Padma Bhushan awardee was appointed as the adviser to the Odisha government on 6 March 2017.
- 5) India and Belgium on 8 March, 2017 signed a Protocol to amend the existing Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) between the two countries.
- 2) IDFC Bank has become the first bank to launch the biometric-based payment system Aadhaar Pay through its network.
- 5) The Chief Minister of Haryana Manohar Lal Khattar on 6 March 2017 announced the Tirtha Darshan Scheme. Under the scheme, senior citizens above 60 years of age in the State will be able to go on a pilgrimage within India at the expense of the government.
- 4) Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in the first week of March 2017 won Best Actress Award at the International Film Festival and Awards of Australia (IFFAA). Aishwarya grabbed the award for her role in 2016 film 'Sarbjit'.
- 2) The 2017 International Women's Day ((IWD)) was observed across the world on 8 March 2017. The year's theme for the Day is Women in the Changing World of Work: Planet 50-50 by 2030.
- 1) Andy Murray of the United Kingdom on 4 March 2017 won the men’s singles titles at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships 2017. To win the title, he defeated Fernando Verdaso of Spanish 6-3 6-2 at the summit clash held in Dubai, the United Aran Emirates (UAE).
- 1) Dr Thomas E Starzl, a surgeon who performed the first successful liver transplant on a human patient, passed away on 4 March 2017 in Pittsburgh.
- 5) Pradeep Nair on 8 March 2017 was named the Ford Foundation Regional Director for its office serving India, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
- 2) A new analysis by the Financial Times shows that the banking system of China has overtaken the eurozone to become the world’s biggest by assets. The analysis indicates China’s increasing global influence and its reliance on growth driven by debt.
- 1) State Bank of India and the German KfW Development Bank have concluded a $274 million (approximately Rs. 1,800 crore) 15-year promotions loan facility to support lending for affordable housing in India.
- 4) Tata Motors has entered into a long-term partnership agreement with Volkswagen Group and Skoda for joint development of products with the first rollout expected in 2019.