Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is the very first set of SBI PO Mains Current Affairs Quiz with detailed Explanation.
1. The Government has notified the law that makes holding of more than 10 scrapped notes punishable with a minimum fine of
1) Rs 25000
2) Rs 12000
3) Rs 10000
4) Rs 5000
5) Rs 15000
2. The Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad on 4 March 2017 inaugurated training of self organized small & medium traders on digital payment initiatives. How many small and medium unorganized, self organized businesses and traders are targeted through this training project?
3. With which of the following state government did Google India recently sign a MoU to support the digitisation efforts of the state
4) Madhya Pradesh
4. Ministry of Finance recently gave in-principle nod to ESOPs by PSU banks. What does S stands for in ESOP?
5. Bharti Airtel and Millicom International Cellular SA on 3 March 2017 signed an agreement to combine operations in _______________.
6. ‘Destination North East 2017’ was held in ____________.
5) New Delhi
7. For how much amount of IDA credit did India on 23 February 2017 sign a Financing Agreement with the World Bank for Tejaswini project?
1) USD 63 million
2) USD 93 million
3) USD 68 million
4) USD 67 million
5) USD 58 million
8. Sumit Mullick was recently appointed as the Chief Secretary of ______________.
1) Madhya Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
5) None of the above
9. With which of the following state government did Ola recently sign a MoU to create 25,000 entrepreneurs?
1) Tamil Nadu
5) Madhya Pradesh
10. According to Indian Railway’s Business Plan 2017-18, Aadhaar -based ticketing application will be launched by _____________.
1) May, 2017
2) September, 2017
3) December, 2017
4) March, 2018
5) June, 2017
11. Which of the following city topped the Annual Survey of India’s City Systems 2016?
12. The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) in last week of February 2017 banned British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) from filming in all Indian tiger reserves for ___________.
1) 10 years
2) 3 years
3) 5 years
4) 7 years
5) 2 years
13. Zero Discrimination Day 2017 was observed on ____________.
1) 4 March
2) 3 March
3) 2 March
4) 1 March
5) 5 March
14. Amanpreet Singh is associated with which sports?
15. 3 March is observed as –
1) World Hearing Day
2) World Day Against Cyber Censorship
3) World Wildlife Day
4) Both 1 and 3
5) All 1, 2 and 3
Answers & Explanations - Tap to show
- 3) With the law coming into force, possession of more than 10 pieces of the old notes by individuals and more than 25 pieces for study, research or numismatics purpose will be a criminal offence, attracting fine of Rs 10,000 or five times the cash held, whichever is higher.
- 2) The Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad on 4 March 2017 inaugurated training of self organized small & medium traders on digital payment initiatives. Around 13500 small and medium unorganized, self organized businesses and traders are targeted through this training project.
- 2) Google India and Telangana government have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) aimed at supporting the digitisation efforts of the state.
- 4) Finance Ministry has agreed in-principle to allow public sector banks to offer stock options to their employees from next financial year — a move aimed at retaining experienced hands with better incentives. ESOP stands for Employee Stock Option plans (ESOPs).
- 5) Bharti Airtel and Millicom International Cellular SA on 3 March 2017 signed an agreement to combine operations in Ghana. The agreement was signed between Tigo Ghana Limited, subsidiary of Millicom and Airtel Ghana Limited, subsidiary of Airtel.
- 1) Chandigarh hosted ‘Destination North East 2017’, a three-day event from 6 March 2017 to showcase North East as a potential destination for investment.
- 1) India on 23 February 2017 signed a Financing Agreement with the World Bank for IDA credit of USD 63 million for the 'Tejaswini', a Socio-Economic Empowerment of Adolescent Girls and Young Women Project.
- 5) Sumit Mullick, a 1982 batch IAS officer, was appointed as the Chief Secretary of Maharashtra on 28 February 2017. He succeeds Swadheen Kshatriya.
- 5) Cab aggregator Ola has signed MoU with Government of Madhya Pradesh to create 25,000 entrepreneurs in the state.
- 1) According to Indian Railway’s Business Plan 2017-18, Aadhaar -based ticketing application will be launched by May, 2017.
- 2) India’s cities scored between 2.1 and 4.4 out of a total of 10. Thiruvananthapuram city retained its number one position in 2016. Pune came in at second, up two ranks over 2015 and Kolkata, third, same as 2015.
- 3) The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) in last week of February 2017 banned British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) from filming in all Indian tiger reserves for five years. It also imposed a ban on BBC’s journalist Justin Rowlatt for the same period.
- 4) Zero Discrimination Day was observed across the world on 1 March 2017. The day was observed with the theme Make Some Noise for Zero Discrimination.
- Amarpreet Singh is associated with shooting. He was recently in news when Jitu Rai and Amanpreet Singh won gold and silver, respectively in men’s 50m free pistol at the ISSF Shooting World Cup. It was India’s first gold in the competition.
- 4) World Hearing Day and World Wildlife Day is observed on 3 March while World Day Against Cyber Censorship is observed on 12 March.