Hello and welcome to exampundit. The much awaited UPSC CSE Notification 2017 is out today.
- Starting Date to Apply Online 22-02-2017
- Last Date for Payment of Fee through Off Line 16-03-2017 till 23:59 hrs
- Last Date for Payment of Fee through Online 17-03-2017 till 18:00 hrs
- Last Date to Apply Online 17-03-2017 till 18:00 hrs
- Date for Preliminary Exam 18-06-2017
- Date for Main Exam October, 2017
Age Limit: Candidates age limit should be between 21 – 32 years as on 01-08-2017 (i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 02-08-1985 and not later than 01-08-1996). Age relaxation is applicable to 05 years for SC/ ST candidates, 03 years for OBC candidates. For more relaxation details refer the notification.
Educational Qualification: Candidates should possess Degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected based on written test, screening test, personality test/ interview.
Application Fee: Candidates should pay Rs. 100/- through Online or Off Line. No fee for Female/ SC/ ST/ PH Candidates
CSAT Paper I: 200 Marks; Duration: Two Hours; Number of Questions: 100
- Current Affairs: Events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography: Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance: Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development: Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change (no subject specialization required)
- General Science
CSAT Paper II: 200 Marks; Duration: Two Hours; Number of Questions: 80
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level)
- Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. - Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)
For Official Notification - Click/Tap Here