Hello and welcome to exampundit. Applications are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment as Probationary Officers (POs) in State Bank of India. Candidates selected are liable to be posted anywhere in India.
- On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates - 07-02-2017 to 06-03-2017
- Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges - 07-02-2017 to 06-03-2017
- Download of call letters for online Preliminary Examination - 15-04-2017 onwards
- Online Examination – Preliminary - 29th & 30th Apr and 6th & 7th May'17
- Result of Online exam – Preliminary - 17-05-2017
- Download of Call letter for Online Main Exam - 22-05-2017 onwards
- Conduct of Online Examination – - Main 4th June 2017
- Declaration of Result – - Main 19th June 2017
- Download Call Letter for Interview - 26th June 2017
- Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview - 10th July 2017 onward
- Declaration of Final Result - 5th Aug 2017
- General - 1010
- OBC - 606
- SC - 350
- ST - 347
- Total - 2313
Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 01.07.2017. Candidates having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 01.07.2017. Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply.
SELECTION PROCEDURE :
Preliminary Examination: Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online.
- English - 30
- Quantitative Aptitude - 35
- Reasoning - 35
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing passing marks to be decided by the Bank. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 20 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be short listed for the Main Examination.
Phase – II:Main Examination: Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
Objective Test: The objective test of 3 hours duration consist of 4 Sections for total 200 marks. The objective test will have separate timing for every section. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the Tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude - 45 questions - 60 marks
- Data Analysis & Interpretation - 35 questions - 60 marks
- General/Economy/Banking Awareness - 40 questions - 40 marks
- English Language - 35 questions - 40 marks
(ii) Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank. Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in objective test.
Phase – III: Group Exercises (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks) The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category. Adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Exercises and Interview. The qualifying marks in Group Exercises &Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
Full notification >