Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of Reasoning Quiz for the 2nd Stage CBT of RRB NTPC 2015.
1. A clock goes fast by one minute during the first hour, by two minutes at the end of the second hour, by 4 minutes at the end of 3rd hour, by eight minutes by the end of 4th hour, and so on. At the end of which hour, will it be fast by just over sixty minutes?
(A) Fifth (B) Sixth
(C) Seventh (D) Eighth
2. A clock with only dots marking 3, 6, 9 and 12 positions has been kept upside down in front of a mirror. A person reads the time in the reflection as 9.50. What is the actual time?
(A) 2.15 (B) 8.45
(C) 8.50 (D) 4.15
3. A, B, C, D and E are 5 schools facing towards north. A is in the middle of E and B. E is to the right of D. If C and D are at two ends, which school is on the left side of C?
(A) E (B) A
(C) D (D) B
4. A is father of B and C. B is the son of A. But C is not the son of A. How is C related to A?
(A) Niece (B) Son-in-law
(C) Daughter (D) Grandson
5. Hari is twice as old as Johnny, who is three years older than Rahul. If Hari’s age is five times Rahul’s age, how old is Johnny?
(A) 2 years (B) 4 years
(C) 5 years (D) 8 years
Directions: In questions no. 6 and 7, a word given in capital letters is followed by four answer words. Out of these only one cannot be formed by using the letters of the given word. Find out that word.
(A) ARGENTIC (B) CREATING
(C) RETIRING (D) REACTING
8. Which one of the following responses is correct?
(A) x, = , -, +
(B) -, =, x, +
(C) x, =, +, -
(D) +, -, =, x
9. In a certain language, BUTTER is coded as CVUUFS, BREAD is coded as CSFBE, then how COFFEE is coded?
(A) DPGGFF (B) GGDPFF
(C) GDPGFF (D) FFDPGG
10. If CLOUD can be coded as 59432 and RAIN as 1678, how can AROUND be coded?
(A) 614832 (B) 614382
(C) 641382 (D) 461382