Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for the upcoming Exams in 2017.
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
DO NOT GOOGLE ANSWERS!! IT WILL HAMPER YOUR PREPARATION
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 7 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
DIRECTIONS (Q. 1-5) : Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (e). (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any.)
1. His proposal had (a) / to be send to (b) / the President of the company (c) / for her approval (d). No error (e).
2. Each Tuesday evening we visited (a) / the farmers in the area (b) / and held a meeting (c) / to discuss the problems they faced (c). No error (e).
3. Though our training facilities (a) / are limited only a (b) / few employees have been (c) / selected for training (d). No error (e).
4. During the interview (a) / the panel asked me (b) / several technical questions (c) / and I answered all of it (d). No error (e).
5. He decided to work for (a) / an NGO, but most of his (b) / classmates opted for high paid (c) / jobs in multinational companies (d). No error (e).
DIRECTIONS (Q. 6 -10): In each of the following sentences there are blank spaces. Below each sentence there are five pairs of words denoted by the numbers a, b, c, d and e. Find out which pair of words can be filled up in the blanks in the sentence in the same sequence to make it grammatically correct.
6. String wars among physicists have ____________the advancements of science in philosophy as against the ___________ version.
(a) compared, crude
(b) comprehended, fundamentals
(c) categorized, primal
(d) contrasted, amateur
(e) negotiated, traditional
7. Bank account hacking is a __________ crime and __________ should be severely punished.
(a) grave, offenders
(b) serious, antagonists
(c) punishable, trespassers
(d) minimal, sabotagers
(e) important, defaulters
8. Sai Baba of Shirdi is one of the most ___________ saints, who had prophesized religious ____________.
(a) followed, synchrony
(b) controversial, unison
(c) revered, tolerance
(d) cherished, coordination
(e) obeyed, harmony
9. The Traffic Police should formulate national guidelines for the __________of road accidents and immediate ____________ by the states.
(a) aid, effect
(b) prevention, implementation
(c) deterrence, operation
(d) avoidance, utilization
(e) obstruction, assistance
10. Technology has __________ human ____________.
(a) crippled, faculties
(b) jeopardized, introspection
(c) nullified, thoughts
(d) controlled, behaviour
(e) backstabbed, dependence
- D - contrasted means highlighted.
- A - Antagonists suits best.
- the fight