Hello and welcome to exampundit. So here are the Daily Word List of 6 January, 2017.
1. Prandial(adj): having meal(specially at night)
Use: "a prandial conversation with his dad after 5 years."
Synonyms: supper, dinner
2. Autopsy(n): A dissection performed on a cadaver to find possible cause(s) of death.
Use: “a Home Office pathologist carried out the autopsy"
Synonyms: critical dissection, postmortem
3. Bumptious(adj): the one who gives himself more priority than anyone else and takes pride on his own.
Use: "I was still annoyed at his bumptious style of conversation; I thought it best to change the topic."
Synonyms: self important, conceited, self assertive.
4. Cenotaph(n): A monument erected to honour the dead whose bodies lie elsewhere; especially members of the armed forces who died in battle.
Use: “his remains were removed and a cenotaph placed on the original grave.”
Synonyms: Memorial, Shrine
5. Obeisance(n): Demonstration of an obedient attitude, especially by bowing deeply; a deep bow which demonstrates such an attitude.
Use: “he is the least obeisance here.”
Synonyms: obedient, hearsome, dutiful.
6. Obfuscation(n): To deliberately make more confusing in order to conceal the truth.
Use: “Before leaving the scene, the murderer set a fire to obfuscate any evidence of his or her identity.”
Synonyms: confuse, muddle, obscure. Use:
7. Emasculate(v): To deprive of virile or procreative power.
Use: “Luxury had not emasculated their minds.”
Synonyms: weak, effeminate, being deprived.
8. Thuggish(adj): The violent, criminal acts that are associated with thugs, and/or the fashion, manner of speaking, and demeanor associated with them.
Use: “Their thuggish manner made continuing negotiations very difficult.”
9. Euphemism(n): use of a word or phrase to replace another word with one considered less offensive.
Use: "the jargon has given us ‘downsizing’ as a euphemism for cuts"
Synonyms: dysphemism, expletive
10. Bin(n) : A container for rubbish or waste.
Use: “one of the key to succeed in Swatchh Bharat is to put bins in streets.”
Synonyms: garbage, storage container.