Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for IPPB Prelims 2017.
Directions for Questions 1 to 5: Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical mistake/ error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. Mark the number of that part with error as your answer. If there is 'No error', mark 5)
1. 1) There cannot be any situation where
2) somebody makes money in an asset
3) located in India and does not pay tax
4) either to India or to the country of his origin.
5) No error
2. 1) India has entered a downward spiral
2) where the organised, productive
3) and law abide sectors are subject to
4) savage amounts of multiple taxes.
5) No error
3. 1) The bank may have followed
2) an aggressive monetary tightening policy
3) but its stated aim of
4) curbing inflation have not been achieved.
4. 1) Equal Opportunities for advancement
2) across the length and breadth
3) of an organisation will
4) keep many problems away.
5) No error
5. 1) A customised data science degree
2) is yet to become
3) a standard programme
4) to India's Premier educational institutes.
5) No error Directions
Directions for Questions 6 to 10: Each question below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
6. When you want to digitalise a city ___________ with millions, you don't bet _______________ the odds.
1) proceeding, into
2) teeming, against
3) undergoing, adhere
4) dangling, for
5) falling, above
7. The numbers ___________ by the legitimate online music service providers indicate that a growing number of users are _______ to buy music.
1) morphed, ignoring
2) labelled, thriving
3) figured, fanatic
4) painted, interested
5) touted, willing
8. If India is ___________ on protecting its resources, international business appears equally ______________ to safeguard its profit.
1) dreaded, fragile
2) stubborn, weak
3) bent, determined
4) approaching, settled
5) obsessed, prepared
9. Brands ___________ decision-simplicity strategies make full use of available information to ________ where consumers are on the path of decision making and direct them to the best market
1) diluting, divulge
2) tempting, maintain
3) imputing, overdrive
4) pursuing, assess
5) employing, trust
10. Lack of financing options, ___________ with HR and technological ___________ make small and medium enterprises sector the most vulnerable component of our economy.
1) except, loophole
2) coupled, challenges
3) armed, benefits
4) registered, strategies
5) strengthened, facilities
1. It should be make money on an asset.
2. It should be “law abiding sectors”
3. The singular noun “The bank” will be followed by has and not have.
4. No error in the sentence.
5. It should be in India’s Premier educational institutes.