Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of Reasoning Quiz for IBPS PO Prelims 2016.
Directions (Q. 1-5): Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Ten persons are sitting in two parallel rows containing five persons each. In row 1, A, B, C, D and E are sitting and all of them are facing south. In row 2, P, Q, R, S and T are sitting and all of them are facing north. In the given seating arrangement, each member seated in a row faces another member of the other row. Moreover, each of them belongs to different countries – New Zealand, Czech Republic, Bolivia, England, Bhutan, India, Mexico, Canada, Israel and Russia but not necessarily in the same order. There are only two persons sitting between the New Zealander, who sits at an extreme end, and E. P, who sits in the middle of the row, is not an immediate neighbour of Q, who is not a Russian. T is sitting at an extreme end. E, a Bhutanese, sits on the immediate right of the person from Czech Republic and faces the immediate neighhour of Q. B is not sitting at the extreme left end. P is not from Israel. There is only one person between C and D, who is from New Zealand. S, an Indian, is an immediate neighbour of the Russian and does not face the person from Bolivia. R, who is from England, is an immediate neighbour of the person from Israel, who in turn faces the immediate neighbour of the Bhutanese. There are two persons between the Mexican and the Bolivian. B is not from Mexico. T is not from Canada
1. A belongs to which of the following countries?
1) Canada 2) Mexico 3) Bolivia
4) None of these 5) Can’t be determined
2. Who is from Canada?
1) R 2) B 3) T
4) P 5) Can’t be determined
3. ‘New Zealand’ is related to ‘Mexico’ in a certain way, based on their seating positions. Then who is Russia related to, following the same seating positions?
1) Canada 2) Israel 3) Czech Republic
4) India 5) England
4. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on their seating positions and so form a group. Which of the following is different from the group?
1) Bhutan 2) Mexico 3) Russia
4) England 5) India
5. Which of the following statements is/are definitely false?
1) B is from Bolivia.
2) There are two persons sitting between the Indian and the person from Israel.
3) The Czech Republican faces the person from Canada.
4) The person who is from Israel sits opposite the New Zealander.
5) All are true
Directions (6-10): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions which follow.
Abhinav, Kapil, Ravi, Ratul, Chitrarth and Nikhil live on different floors in the same building. All of them own one car each, and each car is of a different company, namely Renaut, Honda, Jaguar, Ford, Datsun and Porsche (not necessarily in the same order). The ground floor is numbered 1, the floor above it number 2, and so on, and the topmost floor is numbered 6. Kapil lives on an even-numbered floor and does not own Honda or Jaguar car; only two people live between the floors on which Kapil and Nikhil live. Ratul lives on the floor immediately above the floor on which Ravi lives. Ratul does not live on an odd-numbered floor and lives immediately below that of one who owns a Renaut car. Abhinav does not live on the floor immediately above or immediately below the floor on which Chitrarth lives. Abhinav does not live on the lower-most floor, ie floor number 1. Ratul owns a Datsun car. Abhinav owns a Porsche car.
6. Who amongst the following live on the floors between the floors on which Kapil and Nikhil live?
1) Ravi, Ratul 2) Abhinav, Ravi
3) Ratul, Chitrarth 4) Abhinav, Chitrarth
5) Can’t be determined
7. Who amongst the following lives on floor number 5?
1) Abhinav 2) Kapil 3) Chitrarth
4) Nikhil 5) Can’t be determined
8. On which of the following floors does Chitrarth live?
1) 3rd 2) 5th 3) 1st
4) 4th 5) Can’t be determined
9. How many people live on the floors above the floor on which Abhinav lives?
1) None 2) One 3) Two
4) Three 5) Can’t be determined
10. Which car is owned by the person who lives on the 3rd floor?
1) Honda 2) Jaguar 3) Ford
4) Porsche 5) Can’t be determined