Hello and welcome to exampundit . Here are the reviews of today's IBPS PO Prelims. All the shifts are reviewed by aspirants to help you understand better. Because a person who has faced it, knows it the best!
1st Shift: Ketan Thakur
- Comprehension -7
- Error - 10
- Jumble - 5
- Cloze test - 8
- Floor puzzle with 2 criterias- 5
- Circular Seating arrangement with profession 5
- Linear arrangement with opposite direction 5
- Inequalities - 5
- Syllogism - 5
- Direction 3
- Blood relation - 3
- Ranking 4 marks
- DI - 10
- Number series - 5
- Quadratic -5
- Approximation 5 marks
- Rest word problems
Tweetview of the Exam (Tweet Review)
- Paper is moderate. But some topics are easy.
- Quant is easiest in my opinion
- Followed by reasoning and english
- English has to be attempted very carefully.
- I left comprehension and para jumble due to nature of the content. Couldnt comprehend properly
- Also cloze test and error have slightly moderate content
- Only floor puzzle is moderate but doable in reasoning Leave the rest
- Rest reasoning is easy and doable
ADVICE FOR NEXT SHIFTS
- Don't waste time on comprehension and para jumble. No synonyms antonyms asked
- Carefully solve cloze test and errors
- Quant - first do series, approx, quadratic and di
- Reasoning - do everything except puzzles first. If time permits do puzzles.
- Dont complicate matters. Stay simple.
- Attempt what you know best.
- Don't waste time if you get stuck.
- Eng 18
- Quant - 21
- Reasoning 20
2nd Shift: SOHA
Well, to start with, there is nothing to be nervous about, the shifts are not at all like SBI PO Preli. So you can keep your calm, & have a tête-à-tête with IBPS Po Preli.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE -
As I always start with EL, the questions here took me by surprise. As there were no fillers, which are generally scoring for many students, and the RC (effect of Globalisation in economy) was quite tough. It may take a little while to comprehend fully, & a helpful suggestion would be - Don't attempt RC if you're not 100% sure, there was NO VOCABULARY Related Questions. The Parajumble (about Pollution) was doable, and the Cloze Test - Moderate to Tough. Error Correction - Seemed tough to me.
Attempted - 20
QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE -
- The EL had set the bar up so high, that QA & LR came as a relief.
- DI - Easy Cheesy ( Table about Valid Invalid Votes, Graph)
- Approximation - Easy
- Series - Easy
- Quadratic Equations & Other Questions - Didn't attempt, but if you've given EdKraft Mocks, those'll surely seem easy to you.
Attempted - 20
LOGICAL REASONING -
- Good news. Syllogism was there! So 5 marks there, inevitably.
- Inequalities - A tad bit tougher than usual. But doable.
- Direction Test - Easy
- Relationship - Easy
- Sequence - Arrangement of Wires according to length
- Sitting Arrangement 1 (North South) - Doable
- There was another Floor Puzzle & another Circular Sitting Arrangement I think which I didn't attempt.
Attempted - 22
Total - 62
Like last year, the Preli can't be considered as 'Easy', and also it didn't come as a shock as Sbi Po Preli did, it can be considered as Moderate. So Goodluck fellas :') Give your Best shot.
AND CHOOSE WISELY.
3rd Shift: Optimus Prime
English - Moderate
- RC– 8-9 ques – on Globalisation
- Cloze Test – 6-7 ques
- Error Spotting – 10 ques
- Parajumbles – 5ques -
### Parajumble Consumes time so its better to leave if not practiced well.
Quant - Easy to Mod
- DI- 10 - Easy
- Series - 3 easy 2 mod
- Quad - 5 ques - easy
- Simplification & Approximation - 5 - easy
###With these you can clear cutoff after that move on to other questions
Reasoning - Easy to Mod level
- Floor puzzle - mod
- Blood relation- easy
- Direction test - easy
- Circular arrangement - 8 persons from 8 cities facing centre - moderate
- Syllogism - 5 easy
- Inequalities - 5 easy
- linear arrangement
###Do puzzles at last to save time.
4th Shift: Kushu
Exam is overall moderate
English-moderate to difficult
- Comprehension - 7 - moderate to difficult
- Error -10- moderate to difficult
- Close test- 8- easy to moderate
- Para arrangement- 5- moderate
- Miscellaneous- moderate-10
- DI- easy to moderate-10
- Approximation- easy-5
- Quadratic equation- easy-5
- Series- easy to moderate-5
- Puzzle (floor)- moderate-5
- Sitting arrangement(linear+circular)- 10-easy to moderate
- Syllogism-5- moderate
- Inequality- 5-easy
- Miscellaneous- 10 - easy
- English- 18
- Reasoning- 30