Hello and welcome to exampundit . Here is a detailed Interview Experience of SBI PO 2016 shared by Disqus ID, PINGU.
SBI PO INTERVIEW
Place - KOLKATA
Our topic was, "Is e-commerce a death knell for small shopkeepers?"
It was an easy topic for me, the discussion started, everyone chipped in, some of them really fumbled to pass on their views. However we failed to reach any unanimous consensus. But the officers specified that there were no negative points for that, since the individual points and the reasoning involved were evaluated.
Next was "prioritisation", same time limits, we were to arrange nine topics based on our priority and arrange accordingly and reach a consensus based on discussion.
The characters were
- Self awareness
- Hard work
Again a consensus was not reached, however the panel appreciated the very healthy discussion and lauded the points exchanged. The whole process was over in an hour. Next after a brief rest, the interviews started. I was the last one to enter, no one was allowed to spend much time discussing how the interview was and was requested to leave. After waiting for almost 2 hrs, my turn came. After knocking on the door i entered and greeted the panel members, four male and a female. The room had four sofas, three were taken by them and one was left for me. It was more of a casual chit-chat kind of set up.
Following were the questions asked
- What is the meaning of my name?
- What was i doing in the 2 years after my graduation?
- Am I looking for a job only in the banking sector?
- Why banking?
- Where do i have a bank account?
- Personal feedback of SBI as a customer and a comparison with any private bank.
- What is Hooghly river? (since i stay on its banks)
- Name a project related to the Ganga ( Hooghly distributary of the Ganga, hence the question)
- Main points of the projects( Namami gange, blasted everything about it, panel looked extremely satisfied)
Some casual exchanges and i was asked to leave.
PS- Just realised that i took 45 mins to remember and type this, I hope this excerpt helps. Thank you for bearing with me.