Hello and welcome to exampundit . Here is a set of English Quiz for IBPS PO Prelims 2016. The set is based on Cloze Test.
In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words/phrases are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word/phrase in each case.
Information technology, and the hardware and software ___1___ with the IT industry, are an ___2___ part of nearly ___3___ major global industry. IT industry has become one of the most robust industries in the world. IT, more than any other industry or economic ___4___, has an increased productivity, particularly in the developed world, and therefore is a key driver of global economic growth. Economies of scale and ___5___ demand from both consumers and enterprises ___6___ this rapidly growing sector. The Information Technology Association of America (ITAA) explains ‘information technology’ as ___7___ all possible aspects of information systems based on computers. Both software development and the hardware involved in the IT industry include everything from computer systems, to the design, implementation, study and development of IT and management systems. ___8___ To its easy accessibility and the wide range of IT products available, the demand for IT services has increased ___9___ over the years. To IT sector has emerged as a major global ___10___ of both growth and employment.
1. (a) use (b) amalgamation (c) associated (d) vision (e) regulated
2. (a) integral (b) fundamental (c) increased (d) vital (e) eager
3. (a) most (b) all (c) every (d) few (e) some
4. (a) world (b) opinion (c) stature (d) profit (e) facet
5. (a) multiply (b) insatiable (c) decreasing (d) unquenchable (e) unreasonable
6. (a) forage (b) thwart (c) motivate (d) fuelling (e) characterize
7. (a) making (b) qualifying (c) inclusive (d) encompassing (e) trusting
8. (a) Owing (b) Since (c) Catering (d) In order (e) Complementing
9. (a) regularly (b) substantially (c) minimally (d) exponential (e) savagely
10. (a) fortune (b) meltdown (c) spring (d) source (e) economy