Hello and welcome to exampundit . Here are the important Current Affairs from 10th to 15th September, 2016. These are important for the upcoming IBPS PO VI Mains, RBI Assistant, NIACL AO and Bank of Maharashtra PO Exams.
Reliance Communications and Aircel to be merged to create 4th largest telco
- Anil Ambani-led Reliance Communications and Maxis Communications Berhad (MCB), promoters of Aircel, on 14 September 2016 agreed to merge their wireless businesses to form the fourth-largest telecom operator in the country.
- The merger is termed as the biggest consolidation deal in India's telecom sector.
Key highlights of the merger
- R-Com will demerge its wireless business and transfer it to the new entity. Its standalone business will focus on the enterprise segment and data centre businesses.
- Sistema will continue to hold 10 per cent in standalone R-Com.
- Both R-Com and Maxis will hold 50 per cent each in the new entity.
- The merged company will be one of India’s largest private sector companies. It will have an asset base of over 65000 crore rupees and net worth of 35000 crore rupees.
- The entity will enjoy substantial benefits of scale driving significant revenue growth, and capex and opex synergies with a net present value of 20000 crore rupees.
Uber India partners NSDC, Maruti to skill 1 mn by 2018
- Global taxi aggregator Uber is teaming up with Maruti Suzuki to push up the number of drivers on its platform to over one million.
- According to a memorandum of understanding (MoU) signed between the companies on Thursday, carmaker Maruti Suzuki will assess and train 30,000 commercial drivers for Uber, over the next three years.
- The initiative, named UberSHAAN will be rolled out first in Hyderabad, Chennai and Delhi-National Capital Region. After a four-month pilot, the facility will be extended to Mumbai, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad and Pune. Driver training and on-boarding programmes will be organised, which are required to join the Uber platform. Maruti has 370 driving schools and six institutes of driving and traffic research.
Union Government issues model guidelines for states to curb Ponzi schemes
- The Union Government on 12 September 2016 issued model guidelines for states to regulate direct selling and multi-level marketing businesses while prohibiting pyramid structures as well as money circulation schemes. The guidelines were issued to protect consumers from Ponzi frauds.
- The Direct Selling Guidelines 2016 framework was released by the Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan. They have been sent to the states and Union Territories for adoption.
Key highlights of the guidelines
- In the guidelines, the Union Government has clearly defined legitimate direct selling and differentiates it from pyramid and money circulation schemes to help investigating agencies identify fraudulent players.
- Direct selling means marketing, distribution and sale of goods or providing of services as a part of network of direct selling other than under a pyramid scheme.
- Pyramid Scheme has also be defined in the framework. Money Circulation Scheme has the same meaning as defined under Prize Chits and Money Circulation Schemes (Banning) Act, 1978.
- To conduct direct selling business, the guidelines have prescribed many conditions that need to be complied within 90 days.
- The guidelines bar direct selling companies from charging any entry fee from agents or compelling them to buy back unsold stocks. These entities will have to enter into an agreement with direct sellers or agents, and give full refund or buy-back guarantee for goods and services sold to them.
Arvind Panagariya led task force on poverty files report, proposes new panel on BPL
- Task force headed by NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman Arvind Panagariya to prepare a road map for elimination of poverty submitted its report to the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) on 11 September 2016.
- It has suggested setting up a committee to identify people Below Poverty Line (BPL). It also suggested participation from states in defining the BPL population.
- The other members of the task force were Aayog Member Bibek Debroy and secretaries from ministries of rural development, housing and urban poverty alleviation.
- It asked for constitution of a new committee, which in participation with the states and other stakeholders should work on defining the BPL population and identify them.
It also suggested four options for tracking the poor and they are
- First: It asks to continue with the Tendulkar poverty line.
- Second: It asks to switch to the Rangarajan or other higher rural and urban poverty lines.
- Third: It calls to track the progress over time of the bottom 30 percent of the population
- Fourth: It asks to track progress along specific components of poverty such as nutrition, housing, drinking water, sanitation, electricity and connectivity.
India-Afghanistan inked agreements to enhance bilateral cooperation
- India and Afghanistan on 14 September 2016 signed an Extradition Treaty to facilitate exchange of wanted terrorists and criminals.
- The two nations also inked agreements on peaceful uses of outer space and on cooperation on civil and commercial matters.
- The treaties were signed during Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani’s visit to India. He was on a visit to India from 14-15 September 2016.
- In addition, during the meeting the two leaders President Ghani and Prime Minister Narendra Modi sought faster implementation of the trilateral agreement among Afghanistan, Iran and India. This agreement was reached in May 2016 with an aim of creating a network of regional connectivity around Iran’s Chahbahar port.
- Besides, India also extended a one-billion dollar to Afghanistan for capacity and capacity building in areas like empowerment of women, education, skill development, health, energy and others. Prime Minister Modi also proposed to supply world class and easily affordable medicines from India and cooperation in solar energy through mutually agreed instruments.
Union Cabinet approves establishment of Higher Education Financing Agency
- The Union Cabinet on 12 September 2016 approved the creation of the Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA).
- The HEFA will be established to give a major push for creation of high quality infrastructure in premier educational institutions.
Key highlights of the HEFA
- The HEFA will be jointly promoted by the identified Promoter and the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) with an authorised capital of 2000 crore rupees. The Government equity will be 1000 crore rupees.
- The HEFA will be formed as a SPV within a PSU Bank/ Government-owned-NBFC. It will leverage the equity to rise up to 20000 crore rupees for funding projects for infrastructure and development of world class Labs in IITs/IIMs/NITs and such other institutions.
- It will also mobilise CSR funds from PSUs/Corporates, which will in turn be released for promoting research and innovation in these institutions on grant basis.
- The HEFA will finance the civil and lab infrastructure projects through a 10-year loan.
Union Cabinet approves formation of GST Council
- The Union Cabinet on 12 September 2016 approved the process, formation and functioning of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council.
- The council will consist of the Finance Minister and State Finance Ministers. It will make recommendations on important issues related to GST, including items and rates.
The GST Council and its Secretariat will be set up as per the following details:
- Creation of the GST Council as per Article 279A of the amended Constitution
- Creation of the GST Council Secretariat, with its office at New Delhi
- Appointment of the Secretary (Revenue) as the Ex-officio Secretary to the GST Council
- Inclusion of the Chairperson, Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC), as a permanent invitee (non-voting) to all proceedings of the GST Council
- Create one post of Additional Secretary to the GST Council in the GST Council Secretariat and four posts of Commissioner in the GST Council Secretariat
As per Article 279A of the amended Constitution, the GST Council shall consist of the following members:
- Union Finance Minister - Chairperson
- The Union Minister of State, in-charge of Revenue of finance - Member
- The Minister In-charge of finance or taxation or any other Minister nominated by each State Government - Members
CBDT launches e-nivaran to resolve Income Tax grievances
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) on 8 September 2016 launched e-nivaran (electronic resolution) facility for online redressal of taxpayers’ grievances. The grievances can be related to refunds, Income Tax Returns (ITRs), Tax Deducted at Source (TDS), and Permanent Account Number (PAN) among others.
- It was started with an aim to reduce instances of harassment of the public when it comes to complaints related to the Income Tax (IT) department.
- It will help taxpayers in registering their complaints through their computer and receive a special PIN number on their registered mobile number and email, which will help to keep track on the issues.
- It will also allow the complainant to track the progress of the complaint.
- People can lodge their complains and upload the documents related to the same in form od a PDF file and clubbed as a ZIP file.
- People who don’t have a PAN can also access the e-nivaran facility and lodge their complaints in connection with their I-T case.
Union Government issues fresh guidelines for flexi-fund for CSS
- Union Government on 9 September 2016 issued fresh flexi-fund guidelines for Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS). The guidelines would give more freedom to states in spending money under the CSS to meet local developmental requirements.
- Under the new norms, flexi-funds in each CSS have been increased from the current 10 percent to 25 percent for states and 30 percent for Union Territories. Now, the states can use the fund to undertake mitigation or restoration activities in case of natural calamities, or to satisfy local requirements in areas affected by internal security disturbances.
- The guidelines said that state governments will have to constitute a state-level sanctioning committee to avail of the flexi-fund facility. The flexi-fund facility is not for CSS which emanate from legislation, like MNREGA. Based on the recommendations of the sub-group of chief ministers and consultations with stakeholders, Niti Aayog had issued instructions for rationalisation of Centrally Sponsored Schemes.
HP government issues guidelines for scientific mining & transparent auction
- Himachal Pradesh government on 11 September 2016 notified the guidelines for transparent auction and scientific mining and hiked the penalty for offences under the mining act. The government has also decided that the mining lease would be granted through open auction.
- In order to curb illegal mining, the state government has notified the Himachal Pradesh Minor Minerals (Concession) and Minerals (Prevention of Illegal Mining, Transportation and Storage) Rules, 2015 providing for stringent punishment for illegal mining.
- Imprisonment up to two years or fine up to 25000 rupees or both has been made for those involved in illegal mining of minerals, their transportation and holding. In compliance of orders of National Green Tribunal, the government had banned mining in the state but at the same time the government was concerned that the pace of development was not hamper for want of minerals and resorted to scientific mining.
RBI cancelled certificate of registration of five NBFCs
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 8 September 2016 cancelled the certificate of registration of five non-banking financial companies (NBFCs).
- Now, these companies will not be able to transact the business of a non-banking financial institution as laid down under clause (a) of Section 45-I of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
- The certificates were cancelled in exercise of the powers conferred on it under Section 45-IA (6) of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
First BRICS Wellness Workshop concludes in Bengaluru
- The first BRICS Wellness Workshop concluded on 11 September 2016 in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The workshop was inaugurated by Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers and Parliamentary Affairs Ananth Kumar on 10 September 2016.
- Along with the workshop, National Fair on comprehensive Indian Medicine system (AROGYA) was also inaugurated in the city. The four day event is organized by Union Ministry of AYUSH, in collaboration with Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS). The fair will conclude on 13 September 2016.
Swachh Survekshan for rural areas released, Mandi and Sindhudurg topped the charts
- The results of the 2016 ‘Swachh Survekshan’ (Cleanliness Index) for rural India was released on 8 September 2016. Mandi (Himachal Pradesh) and Sindhudurg (Maharashtra) were declared as the cleanest districts in India.
- Mandi was judged as the cleanest district in “Hills” category and Sindhudurg as the cleanest in the “Plains” category.
- The results were declared by the Minister, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj.
- A total of 22 hill districts and 53 plain areas were assessed under the Gramin Swachh Survekshan launched in May 2016.
- State wise, Sikkim and Kerala were ranked as top performing states in a Swachhta (cleanliness) survey conducted by the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO), while Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand were placed among the last on the table.
Samsung Electronics Vice Chairman Lee Jae-yong to be appointed as Director of the Board
- South Korean electronics major Samsung Electronics announced on 12 September 2016 that Vice Chairman Lee Jae-yong will be appointed as a registered executive director on the board.
- The decision was made keeping in mind the urgent need for strategic decision-making on aggressive investments and new growth engines from a long-term perspective.
Hiroshi Nakagawa takes over as Chairman of Isuzu Motors India
- Japanese automobile maker Isuzu Motors on 14 September 2016 announced the appointments of Hiroshi Nakagawa as the Chairman of Isuzu Motors India (IMI) with immediate effect.
- Hiroyasu Miura, the erstwhile Chairman of IMI will take over as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Isuzu Engineering Business Centre India Pvt Ltd (IEBCI) with immediate effect.
- Nakagawa has been actively involved in Isuzu business division for over 20 years in key Isuzu markets.
Fortune released list of most powerful women based outside the US, Arundhati Bhattacharya ranked 2nd
- Fortune on 13 September 2016 released list of most powerful women based outside the US. The list was topped by Banco Santander's Ana Botin. The 2016 list spans 19 countries and is comprised of 16% new names.
- Indian’s in the list include top women bankers, namely SBI chief Arundhati Bhattacharya (2nd rank), ICICI head Chanda Kochhar (5th rank) and Axis Bank CEO Shikha Sharma (19th rank).
Top 10 women in the list are
- Ana Botin - Group Executive Chairman, Banco Santander. She is a resident of Spain.
- Arundhati Bhattacharya - Chairperson, State Bank of India. She is a resident of India.
- Isabelle Kocher - CEO, Engie. She is a resident of France.
- Chua Sock Koong - Group CEO, Singapore Telecommunications. She is a resident of Singapore.
- Chanda Kochhar - Managing Director and CEO, ICICI Bank. She is a resident of India.
- Alison Cooper - CEO, Imperial Brands. She is a resident of U.K.
- Guler Sabanci - Chairman, Sabancı Holding. She is a resident of Turkey.
- Ho Ching - Executive Director and CEO, Temasek. She is a resident of Singapore.
- Annika Falkengren - CEO and President, SEB Group. She is a resident of Sweden.
- Omella Barra - Co-COO, Walgreens Boots Alliance. She is a resident of U.K.
The same current affairs are also available in edKraft.in - CLICK HERE
Sushmita Rai wins Bronze at World Martial Arts Masterships
- Sikkim’s Sushmita Rai in the second week of September 2016 won a bronze medal at the recently concluded World Martial Arts Masterships 2016, which was held at Cheongju, Chungcheongbuk-do of South Korea.
- The competition is considered an Olympics for martial arts with 2073 participants from 87 countries.
- The World Martial Arts Masterships was the first comprehensive martial arts competition where national teams from across the globe took part.
India Blue wins 2016-2017 Duleep Trophy tournament
- Gautam Gambhir-led India Blue on 14 September 2016 won the inaugural day/night Duleep Trophy Cricket tournament held in Greater Noida.
- In the final, India Blue defeated India Red, captained by Yuvraj Singh, by a massive 355 runs.
- Ravinder Jadeja, who bagged 5 wickets in the second innings, finished the game with a 10-wicket haul.
- Cheteshwar Pujara was named the Player of the Match.
2016 Kabaddi World Cup's logo unveiled
- Vijay Goel, Union Sports Minister, Janardan Singh Gehlot, President of International Kabaddi Federation, on 14 September 2016 formally unveiled the logo of the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup.
- The logo is derived from the natural heritage of Gujarat, the Asiatic Lion, symbolising the ferocity of a Kabaddi defender and the agility of a raider.
- The 2016 Kabaddi World Cup will be held at The Arena by TransStadia in Ahmedabad from 7 October to 22 October 2016.
- A total of 12 teams including hosts India will compete for the top honours in the tournament, which has been divided into two groups of six teams each.
Javelin thrower Devendra Jhajharia wins gold at Rio Paralympics
- Javelin thrower Devendra Jhajharia on 13 September 2016 became the first Indian to clinch two gold medals at the Paralympics. He broke his own world record to clinch the medals at the Rio Games.
- Jhajharia, who won his previous gold in the 2004 Athens Games, bettered his own world record to finish on top in the men’s F46 event.
- Jhajharia’s previous best was 62.15 metres, which he had achieved in the 2004 Games. In the 2016 Rio Paralympics, he improved the mark with an attempt of 63.97 metres.
- World No. 1 Chunliang Guo from China won the silver medal in the event. Sri Lanka’s Herath Priyantha grabbed the bronze.
Indian Railways Men Hockey Team wins MCC Murugappa Gold Cup Hockey Tournament
- Indian Railways Men Hockey Team on 11 September 2016 won the MCC Murugappa Gold Cup Hockey Tournament 2016 in Chennai. It is for the first time that Indian Railways clinched the title.
- In the finals, Indian Railways Hockey Team defeated Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) Team by 2 - 1.
- As the winning team, Indian Railways takes home the prize money of 5 lakhs rupees, and the runner-up team Indian Oil Corporation receives 2.50 lakhs rupees.
Indian cyclists bag 6 medals on opening day of 2016 Track Asia Cup
- Indian Cyclists won six medals, including three gold, two silver and one bronze on the opening day of the Track Asia Cup 2016 in New Delhi.
- The medal winners for India include Deborah Herold, Kezia Vargheese, Alena Reji, Rajkumari Devi, Nayana Rajesh and Anu Chutia.
- Deborah Herold won two gold medals at the Indira Gandhi Sports Complex Velodrome. Her first gold came in women’s elite 500 by clocking 35.964 seconds. Mohd. Adnan Farina Shawati of Malaysia and Yin Yin from Hong Kong bagged the silver and bronze medals respectively.
- Her second Gold came in team sprint women elite event, where the Indian team comprising Deborah Herold and Kezia Vargheese defeated the team from Kazakhstan to bag the gold medal. A bronze medal was awarded to Rajkumari Devi, due to walkover at the women elite pursuit 3kms event.
Stan Wawrinka defeats Novak Djokovic to win 2016 US Open Men’s Singles title
- Third seed Stan Wawrinka on 11 September 2016 defeated world number one Novak Djokovic to lift the 2016 US Open Men’s Singles title.
- In the final, Swiss Wawrinka defeated Serbian Djokovic 6-7, 6-4, 7-5, 6-3 to clinch the title.
- This is Wawrinka’s maiden US Open title and his third major title.
Deepa Malik becomes first Indian woman to win medal at Paralympics
- Indian athlete Deepa Malik on 12 September 2016 became the first Indian woman to bag a medal at the Paralympics.
- Malik clinched a silver medal in the shotput F-53 event. Her throw of 4.61m was the best in her six attempts.
- With the win, she confirmed India’s third medal from the Rio Paralympics.
- Fatema Nedham of Bahrain won the gold medal with the best throw of 4.76m. Greece’s Dimitra Korokida bagged the bronze medal with a throw of 4.28m.
Angelique Kerber wins 2016 US Open Women’s Singles title
- Germany’s Angelique Kerber on 10 September 2016 defeated Karolina Pliskova by 6–3, 4–6, 6–4 to win 2016 US Open Women's Singles title.
- It was Kerber's second Grand Slam singles title. With this, she became the first German to win the US Open since Steffi Graf in 1996.
- On the other hand, Pliskova became the first Czech woman to make the US Open final since 1993. Also, she is the only fourth player to defeat both of the Williams sisters in the same Grand Slam tournament.
Jamie Murray and Bruno Soares win 2016 US Open Men’s Doubles title
- Britain’s Jamie Murray and Brazil’s Bruno Soares on 10 September 2016 won the 2016 US Open Men’s Doubles title.
- Murray and Soares defeated Spain's Pablo Carreno Busta and Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-2 6-3.
- With this, Murray became the first British man for 44 years to win the US Open doubles title. Soares also became the first Brazilian to win more than one Grand Slam doubles title.
Army Green beat Neroca FC 6-5 to lift Durand Cup
- Army Green on 11 September 2016 won the Durand Cup football title. In the final of Asia's oldest football tournament in New Delhi, Army Green defeated Neroca FC 6-5 via penalty shoot outs.
- In the semi-final, Army Green had prevailed over Aizawal FC by a 4-2 margin, to become the first Army team since 2005 to reach the title clash.
- In their semi-final, Manipur side, Neroca FC, defeated DSK Shivajians 3-nil to become the first team from the North East to reach the summit-clash of the Durand football tournament.
- With this victory, Army Blue collected the cash prize of 45 lakh rupees, biggest cash prize in the tournament. On the other hand, Neroca collected a cash prize of 20 lakh rupees.
Mariyappan Thangavelu wins India’s first Gold medal at Rio Paralympic Games
- Mariyappan Thangavelu won India’s first gold medal at the Rio Paralympics. He won the gold in the Men’s High Jump T-42 event with a leap of 1.89 metres.
- With this, Thangavelu also became the first Indian high-jumper to win gold at the Paralympics. This was India’s overall third gold at the Games and the first after 12 years.
- In addition, Bronze in the event also went to India through Varun Singh Bhati, who jumped his personal best of 1.86 metres to finish third. USA's Sam Grewe bagged the silver medal.
- India had claimed a Gold and a Bronze at Athens in 2004. Javelin thrower Devendra Jhajharia had then won the Gold, with Rajinder Singh claiming the Bronze in powerlifting.
Awards & Honors –
Indian American scientist Ramesh Raskar wins US$500000 2016 Lemelson-MIT Prize
- Indian American Ramesh Raskar on 13 September 2016 won the 2016 Lemelson-MIT Prize.
- Raskar is the co-inventor of radical imaging solutions including femtophotography, an ultra-fast imaging system that can see around corners, low-cost eye-care solutions for the developing world and a camera that allows users to read pages of a book without opening the cover.
President Pranab Mukherjee presented Rajbhasha awards
- President Pranab Mukherjee on 14 September 2016 presented the Rajbhasha awards at Rashtrapati Bhawan. The awards were given away on the occasion of Hindi Divas.
- Vijaya Bank has bagged the second prize under Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar (Region C) for the year 2015-16.
- The Rajbhasha awards were instituted by the Department of Official Language of Home Ministry to recognize the excellent contribution of Ministries, Departments and Nationalized Banks in the field of Hindi.
- Hindi Divas is celebrated annually on 14 September because on this day in 1949 the Constituent Assembly of the country adopted Hindi language as the official language of India.
Morgan Freeman and Mel Brooks among 2015 National Medal of Arts recipients
- The 2015 National Medal of Arts and the National Humanities Medals recipients were unveiled on 14 September 2016 by the White House.
- Mel Brooks, Morgan Freeman, Audra McDonald, Berry Gordy and Philip Glass are on the list for the National Medal of Arts, while Terry Gross and Wynton Marsalis are among the Humanities recipients.
- President Barack Obama will award the medals on 22 September 2016 in a ceremony in the East Room of the White House.
Haryana bagged Best Horticulture State award
- Haryana has bagged ‘Best Horticulture State’ award for the concerted efforts made by the state government to increase the income of the farmers in horticulture.
- The award was received by Haryana Agriculture Minister OP Dhankar on 9 September 2016 at two-day 9th Agricultural Leadership Summit 2016. The summit was organized by Indian Council of Food and Agriculture (ICFA) in New Delhi.
Philippine revenge drama 'Ang Babaeng Humayo' wins Golden Lion Award at Venice Film Festival
- A revenge drama Ang Babaeng Humayo (The Woman Who Left) on 10 September 2016 won the Golden Lion for Best Film Award at the 73 Venice Film Festival.
- Ang Babaeng Humayo is nearly four-hour black and white revenge drama film about a woman’s thirst for revenge and her feelings of forgiveness after 30 years in jail for a crime she did not commit.
- On the other hand, Russian director Andrei Konchalovsky and Mexican film director Amat Escalante shared Silver Lion for Best Direction for their respective films Paradise and The Untamed.
- Tom Ford's noir thriller Nocturnal Animals from the U.S. won the Grand Jury Prize.
National Hindi Divas observed across India
- National Hindi Divas (Hindi Day) was observed across India on 14 September 2016. The day was observed to promote the Matra Bhasha – the mother tongue of India and show its importance as a language in the country and the world at large.
- As a part of Hindi Diwas Samaroh, a special function named ‘Hindi Hain Hum’ was also organised at the PHD Chamber of Commerce in Delhi.
- On the occasion of Hindi Divas, the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee presented Rajbhasa awards in various categories at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan. These awards were instituted by the Rajbhasha Vibhag, Ministry of Home Affairs to recognize the excellent contribution of Ministries, Departments and Nationalized Banks and others in the field of Hindi.
International Day of Democracy observed
- International Day of Democracy was observed on 15 September 2016 with theme Democracy and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The day provides an opportunity to review the state of democracy in the world.
- The 2016 theme of the day is based on the United Nations resolution that was adopted in September 2015 by all 193 Member States that is the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The 2030 agenda seeks to achieve a better future for all by ending extreme poverty, fight inequality and injustice, and protect Earth.
World's first driverless bus service launched in French city of Lyon
- The world’s first driverless bus service began carrying passengers in the first week of September 2016 in Lyon, France.
- Two electric minibuses with a capacity of 15 passengers each are now operating a 10-minute route with five stops in the city centre at an average speed of 10 Kilometres per hour.
Key highlights of driverless bus
- The buses include features like LiDAR radar technology and motion sensors to help it avoid collisions.
- They’re equipped with a range of detectors that allow them to know exactly where they are.
- It can hold up to 15 passengers.
- The bus is designed by French company Navya.