Hello and welcome to exampundit . So here is the Abhinav's Reasoning Challenges for Bank PO Exams 2016.
The rules are same as the fighter's puzzle challenges(which will come back).
Abhinav will conduct and help everyone along with S Dixit, the fighter and Chitrarth who will monitor/feature/delete any other comments.
Directions (1-5): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions.
Seven people, P, Q, R, S, T, U and V have a seminar, but not necessarily in the same order, in seven different months (of the same year), namely January, February, March, June, August, October, December. Each of them also likes a different fruit, namely Banana, Grapes, Papaya, Orange, Mango, Litchi and Apple, but not necessarily in the same order.
R has a seminar in a month which has less than 31 days. Only two people have a seminar between R and S. The one who likes Banana has a seminar immediately before S. Only one person has a seminar before the one who likes Papaya. Q has a seminar immediately after the one who likes Papaya. Only three people have a seminar between Q and the one who likes Mango. T likes neither Mango nor Papaya. P has a seminar immediately before T. V likes Apple. The one who likes Grapes has a seminar in the month which has less than 31 days. The one who has a seminar in March does not like Orange.
1. In which of the following months does S have a seminar?
1) January 2) Cannot be determined 3) October 4) December 5) June
2. Who among the following have seminars in January and June respectively?
1) V,S 2) U,S 3) Q,T 4) V,R 5) U,R
3. How many people has/have a seminar between the months in which V and R have seminars?
1) None 2) Two 3) Three 4) One 5) More than three
4. As per the given arrangement, R is related to Banana and Q is related to Orange following a certain pattern. Which of the following is V related to following the same pattern?
1) Mango 2) Litchi 3) Apple 4) Papaya 5) Grapes
5. Which of the following fruits does U like?
1) Orange 2) Papaya 3) Mango 4) Banana 5) Grapes
Directions (6-8): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:
Five persons V, W, X, Y and Z are participating in a cycling race. They ride on five tracks. Track 1 is at the extreme left and Track 5 is at the extreme right. W and Z are not cycling adjacent to each other. Y is not on the tracks on the extreme ends. W is on track three. V is to the left of X.
6. If X is on Track 4 then Z is on which of the following tracks?
1) Track 1 2) Track 5 3) Track 2 4) Cannot be determined 5) None of these
7. X rides definitely on which of the following tracks?
1) Track 2 2) Track 4 3) Either 1) or 2) 4) Track 1 5) None of these
8. If Y is to the left of V then X is on which of the following tracks?
1) Track 4 2) Track 2 3) Track 1 4) Track 5 5) None of these
Directions (9-13): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions.
Ten members of a family are sitting in a restaurant in two parallel rows of chairs containing five people each, in such a way that there is equal distance between adjacent persons. In row 1- M, N, O, P and Q are seated and all of them are facing south. In row 2-A, B, C, D, and E are seated and all of them are facing north. Each of them likes different flavor of ice cream, viz Butterscotch, Vanilla, Strawberry, Black Cherry, Chocobar, Mango Bar, Butter Cluster, Tutti Frutti, Orange Sorbet and Kurly Wurly but not necessarily in the same order. In the given seating arrangement, each member seated in a row faces another member of the other row.
D sits third to the left of the person who likes Orange Sorbet. M, who likes Black Cherry faces the immediate neighbour of D. O, who likes Strawberry, sits second to the right of M. Only one person sits between N and P, who like Vanilla and Mango Bar respectively. B and E are immediate neighbours of each other. E, who does not face M and N, likes Butterscotch. B does not like Orange Sorbet. A sits second to the right of the person who likes Chocobar. C likes neither Black Cherry nor Butter Cluster. The one who likes Vanilla faces the one who likes Kurly Wurly. Q does not like Black Cherry.
9. Who likes Black Cherry?
1) Q 2) D 3) C 4) M 5) None of these
10. Who sits third to the left of N?
1) P 2) Q 3) M 4) O 5) None of these
11. Which of the following information is true in respect of the given information?
1) D likes Tutti Frutti
2) P likes Mango Bar and sits on the immediate left of N
3) A likes Black Cherry
4) E is the immediate neighbour of B and D
5) None of these
12. Who faces the one who likes Butter Cluster?
5) None of these
13. Which of the following combinations is false with respect to the given information?
1) D- Kurly Wurly
2) M – Black Cherry
3) Q- Orange Sorbet
5) None of these