Hello and welcome to exampundit . Here is a set of English Quiz for upcoming RBI Grade B Phase I and BMSB PO 2016 Exams.
Directions (Q. 1 - 10) :- In the following passage, some of the words have been left out, each of which is indicated by a number. Find the suitable word from the options given against each number and fill up the blanks with appropriate words to make the paragraph meaningfully complete.
I am working toward saving money; one of the savings ________(1) I may want to consider is a savings account. Savings accounts ________(2) pay interest (although a relatively small amount) on the account. A savings account can be easily done, but there are definitely some things to take up and ________(3) before choosing an option. First, consider which bank you want to open the account with. Look for convenience, and ________(4) , but also consider the interest paid. Some banks provide specific facilities over a specific account balance, or with some, the interest increases as the balance increases. Also ________(5) any charges that bank may impose on you. Common charges include low balance charges, monthly charges, and ATM charges (if I have access to my money via ATM). Any charge that I have to pay will ________(6) reduce my savings. So I try to minimise them. I may also consider opening a savings account with Jan Dhan Yojana. Once I am to decide a bank, I'll have to determine what kind of savings account I'll open. A basic savings account offers higher interest rates but ________(7) requirements and restrictions, ________(8) other than saving accounts ________(9) offer higher interest rates but more restrictions. Before I open a new banking account. I am to start saving. Even if I only have a small amount to ________(10) each month, even a little money is a great start.
1. 1) benefits 2) privilege 3) discretion 4) options 5) grant
2. 1) infrequently 2) rarely 3) usually 4) unusually 5) habitually
3. 1) rank 2) evaluate 3) sized up 4) estimate 5) neglect
4. 1) accessibility 2) difficulty 3) restriction 4) inutility 5) suitability
5. 1) unification 2) rending 3) review 4) breaking 5) combining
6. 1) seeming 2) tending 3) partiality 4) likely 5) leaning
7. 1) consequential 2) major 3) important 4) large 5) fewer
8. 1) while 2) before 3) until 4) unless 5) during
9. 1) seldom 2) often 3) earlier 4) repeatedly 5) rarely
10. 1) withhold 2) counteract 3) contribute 4) take 5) withdraw