Hello and welcome to exampundit . Here is a set of English Quiz for upcoming RBI Grade B Phase I and BMSB PO 2016 Exams.
Directions [Q. 1–5]: Pick out the most effective pair of words from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
1. Man needs food not ______ for the body but for the soul also. The satisfaction of his physical wants does not imply his ______.
2. It is said that knowledge is power. The hunger for power is ______ and therefore most difficult to ______.
3. Nothing undermines the communication of a changed vision more than ______ on the part of key ______ that seems inconsistent with the vision.
4. Mountains and hills are a ______ sight. I have always ______ to see them.
5. Poetry is the language of the imagination and the ______. It relates to whatever gives ______ pleasure or pain to the human mind.
Directions [Q 6–10]: Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
(A) Who will be here with us when the Police (contingents) move out?
(B) We will go back to the same ways and if we speak out our lives will be in danger.
(C) What has happened has happened.
(D) In 2006, when the crime occurred a Khairlanji resident told us : Our lives are here–land, cattle, families.
(E) No one.
(F) That is the way it is for us.
6. Which of the following sentences will come FIRST after rearrangement?
7. Which of the following sentences will come SECOND after rearrangement?
8. Which of the following sentences will come THIRD after rearrangement?
9. Which of the following sentences will come FIFTH after rearrangement?
10. Which of the following sentences will come LAST after rearrangement ?