Hello and welcome to exampundit . Here is a set of English Quiz for upcoming RBI Grade B Phase I and BMSB PO 2016 Exams.
Direction (Q. 1 - 10) :- In the following passage, some of the words have been left out, each of which is indicated by a number. Find the suitable word from the options given against each number and fill up the blanks with appropriate words to make the paragraph meaningfully complete.
When I stand in __________(1) of a painting or sculpture __________(2) a long time and __________(3) my eyes constantly receive the painting. Music, and the perception of abstraction in it, does not work that way. A line of music once sung is __________(4), but is still alive in my mind. The faculty of hearing completes its work very quickly. The voice is both a natural instrument and the vehicle of this abstraction. There is no external transfer of the mind's abstraction, __________(5) does the music emanate from an external source. This gives the voice a personal nature that makes it different from any instrument. This may be the reason why, in India's artistic traditions, the voice has been regarded as music's __________(6) vehicle. The musician or the listener never sees the physical seat of this instrument, the voice box. All __________(7) sees is the movement of the lips, mouth and tongue. _________(8), the music that is born from it conveys an emotion that __________(9) true in the listener's or musician's own being. While music from the voice is very __________(10), it does not speak automatically to everyone.
1. 1) front 2) lack 3) lieu 4) view 5) avert
2. 1) since 2) from 3) for 4) fix 5) erect
3. 1) let 2) dim 3) tired 4) affluence 5) besiege
4. 1) brutal 2) joyous 3) adjure 4) sweet 5) gone
5. 1) Elongate 2) neither 3) impolite 4) Hiatus 5) ineffable
6. 1) Sedulous 2) prime 3) innocuous 4) insolent 5) uncontrolled
7. 1) in 2) rebellious 3) aloof 4) one 5) sacred
8. 1) Even 2) then 3) yet 4) when 5) still
9. 1) preserves 2) feasible 3) rings 4) conceives 5) lacking
10. 1) miraculous 2) obeisance 3) indigenous 4) intimate 5) freakish
Rearrange the following seven sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
A) He must meet unusual employee and make them come closer to everyone.
B) Growing up as a young professional, Byom was always fascinated by leadership.
C) How the each employee takes critical decisions; what are the drivers, the struggles, the insecurities.
D) Beyond the command-and-control relationship, the average employee in his company doesn’t know how a leader’s mind works;
E) But he also realized that most leaders, particularly inside his company, feel very remote from the average employee.
F) Byom told himself, someday, he must attempt it.
G) He felt that there is a lot of valuable stuff in there; harvesting that inner-self could hugely benefit countless employees both inside and outside the company.
11. Which of the following would be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
(a) G (b) D (c) E (d) A (e) C
12. Which of the following would be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
(a) C (b) F (c) D (d) A (e) B
13. Which of the following would be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement?
(a) G (b) A (c) E (d) B (e) D
14. Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
(a) C (b) E (c) D (d) F (e) G
15. Which of the following would be the SIXTH sentence after rearrangement?
(a) G (b) A (c) F (d) B (e) E