Hello and welcome to exampundit . . Here is a set of English Quiz based on Error Corrections and Sentence Rearrangements.
Directions (Q. 1– 5): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic or spelling error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is 'No error', the answer is (e). (Ignore errors of punctuation, If any).
1. (a) We had recently organised several round table discussions / (b) to understand the needs and requirements / (c) of these specific stakeholders, / (d) to be dovitailed with the implementation of the new policy initiatives. / (e) No error
|Solutions - ‘dovitailed’ is wrong word the correct spelling is ‘dovetailed’.|
2. (a) This decision will weave / (b) a whole ecosystem of innovation / (c) and a new electronic products / (d) in the country./ (e) No error
|Solutions - Omit ‘a’|
3. (a) I would urge all states / (b) to come forward / (c) and made / (d) the most of this opportunity. / (e) No error
|Solutions - Replace ‘made’ by ‘make’.|
4. (a) House we used to call our home / (b) has suddenly become an empty shall, / (c) as if a gust of wind has sucked everything out of it / (d) so that there is nothing left but absence. / (e) No error
|Solutions - ‘The’ before ‘house’.|
5. (a) Could it be a cause / (b) for the many forms of that most strange and most elusive of emotions, / (c) the love between dogs and people who share a home / (d) is perhaps the most unmotivated love of all ? /(e) No error
|Solutions - Replace ‘for’ with ‘of’.|
Directions (Q. 6 –10): Rearrange the following eight sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F), (G) and (H) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
(A) While the European countries have an ageing population, India has the advantage of a young population.
(B) It must have a clear understanding of the services needs of other countries to meet them.
(C) Such a policy will also help quench the domestic demand for services.
(D) They also have English language skills which foreign companies found useful in retaining customers through better customer care. By giving greater attention to education, India can improve its human resources.
(E) It also has the world’s largest population of youth.
(F) Simultaneously, a detailed exercise must be undertaken to map sectors where India could emerge as a leading global player and also identify gaps across the world, which Indian services providers could fill in the coming years.
(G) In other words, it will be a win-win situation.
(H) India has a vast reservoir of talents.
6. Which of the following would be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement ?
7. Which of the following would be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement ?
8. Which of the following would be After the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement ?
9. Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement ?
10. Which of the following would be the EIGHTH (LAST) sentence after rearrangement ?
|Solutions - HEADBCGF|