These are important for the upcoming RBI Grade B Phase I Exam 2016.
- The establishment of the first hydro engineering college in Himachal Pradesh will boost regional development and provide more job opportunities, Union Health Minister J P Nadda said Friday.
- He was speaking at an event where an MoU was signed between the Himachal Pradesh government and National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) and National Hydel Power Corporation (NHPC) for setting up of the hydro engineering college in Bilaspur.
- Himachal Pradesh possesses more than 20,000 MW hydropower potential and NTPC and NHPC are engaged in operation and construction of many projects in the state.
- Storage and data management company NetApp announced signing of a MoUs with Varanasi and Karnal Municipal Corporation for their Smart City initiatives.
- The company will provide storage, surveillance and security infrastructure for the projects. Part of the process will be to get the specifications, design elements and architecture right.
- NetApp has partnered with Cisco for smart city solutions and is open to more partnerships with other technology vendors.
- Haryana Government on 29 July 2016 launched Pashudhan Bima Yojana in Jhajjar. The Yojna was launched by the state’s Animal Husbandry and Dairying Minister, O P Dhankar.
- The Yojna was started in accordance to the recommendations made in Swaminathan Report.
- Dhankar said that the Animal Husbandry and Dairying Department has set a target to cover one lakh cattle under Pashudhan Bima Yojana.
- It will provide insurance cover to cattle breeders in the state at different premium rates for different animals.
- Insurance cover will be provided at a premium of 100 rupees for cows, buffaloes, bulls, camels.
- Insurance cover will be provided at a premium of 25 rupees for sheep, goat and pig for a period of three years.
- The Indo-Thailand Military Exercise Maitree concluded on 29 July 2016 at Krabi, Thailand. The exercise had commenced on 15 July 2016 under the aegis of the Royal Thailand Army.
- The aim of the joint exercise was to train contingents of both the armies on conduct of counter terrorist operations in an urban environment.
- Jharkhand government in July 2016 decided to form a separate cell for the Primitive Tribes Group (PTG) in the Welfare Department. The purpose of the cell is to monitor the benefits to the group under various schemes.
- A Consultant and an Assistant would be placed in the cell.
- The Union Government provides fund for the welfare of the PTG in addition to the state's own schemes.
- There are nearly three lakh people belonging to PTGs in the state.
- Senior IRS officer Rani Singh Nair is set to be appointed as the new CBDT Chairperson with incumbent Atulesh Jindal retiring today.
- Nair, a 1979-batch Indian Revenue Service officer of the Income-Tax cadre, is currently working as Member (Legislation and Computerisation) in the Central Board of Direct Taxes, the policy-making body of the I-T Department.
- Officials said the government has issued orders for her to take over as the “acting” chief of CBDT from Jindal. Fresh orders by the Prime Minister headed Appointments Committee of Cabinet are expected soon to be out soon for her to take charge in a full capacity.
- Jindal took over as CBDT chief in February this year.
- Justice Iqbal Ahmed Ansari was on 29 July 2016 sworn in as the Chief Justice of Patna High Court. His oath of office was administered by Bihar Governor Ramnath Kovind at Raj Bhawan in Patna.
- Justice Ansari had worked twice as Acting Chief Justice of Patna High Court since December 2014 before being sworn in as its 39th Chief Justice. Justice Ansari retires on 29 October 2016.
- The United Nations World Day against Trafficking in Persons 2016 was observed across the world on 30 July 2016.
- On this day, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) launched the campaign #igivehope to show victims of human trafficking.
- The day aims at raising awareness of the plight of human trafficking victims, and promoting and protecting their rights.
- The International Day of Friendship was on 30 July 2016 observed across the world.
- The Day is aimed at supporting the goals and objectives of the Declaration and Programme of Action on a Culture of Peace and the International Decade for a Culture of Peace and Non-Violence for the Children of the World (2001-2010).