Hello and welcome to exampundit . So here is the Abhinav's Reasoning Challenges for Bank PO Exams 2016.
The rules are same as the fighter's puzzle challenges(which is coming back soon).
Abhinav will conduct and help everyone along with the fighter and Chitrarth who will monitor/feature/delete any other comments.
Directions (1-7): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below.
A word and number arrangement machine when given an input line of words and numbers rearranges them following a particular rule in each step. The following is an illustration of input and various steps of rearrangement. (All the numbers are two digit numbers)
Input: sweet 46 nice 36 friend 26 help 96 bright 76 kind 66
Step I: sweet 46 nice 36 friend 26 help bright 76 kind 66 96
Step II: sweet nice 46 36 friend 26 help bright kind 66 76 96
Step III: sweet nice kind 46 36 friend 26 help bright 66 76 96
Step IV: sweet nice kind help 36 friend 26 bright 46 66 76 96
Step V: sweet nice kind help friend 26 bright 36 46 66 76 96
Step VI: sweet nice kind help friend bright 26 36 46 66 76 96
And Step VI is the last step of the rearrangement as the desired arrangement is obtained.
As per the rules followed above steps find out in each of the questions the appropriate step for the given input.
Input: arrow 98 paint 58 lamb 38 each 78 great 18 most 48 rent 88
1. Which of the following number/word would be fifth to the left of the sixth element from the right in the step five?
1) great 2) arrow 3)lamb 4) 38 5) 48
2. Which of the following represents the position of “58” in the step “IV”
1) Eighth from left 2) Third from right 3) Ninth from left
4) Eleventh from left 5) Fifth from right
3. How many elements (words/numbers) are there between “most” and “78” as they appear in the Step VI?
1)Eight 2) Seven 3) Nine 4) Five 5) Four
4. Which step number is the following output?
rent paint most arrow 58 lamb 38 each great 18 48 78 88 98
1) There is no such step 2) Step II 3) Step III
4) Step VI 5) step-III
5. Which element (words/numbers) would b eat the eleventh position from the right in the step III?
1) lamb 2) arrow 3) 58 4) 38 5) each
6. Which element (words/numbers) would b eat the sixth position from the left in Step VI?
1) 18 2) arrow 3) great 4)each 5) 38
7. At which of the following position “great” would appear from the left in the Step V?
1)fifth 2) Sixth 3) Fourth 4) Second 5) Third
Directions (8-13): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:
A college planned to conduct an induction fair. The college asked foreign universities to participate in the education fair so that student could know about the foreign universities. Even foreign universities can tell which course is good in which university. The course offered by these universities are, Social Science, Psychology, Medicine, Commerce, Astronomy, Computer Science and Architecture. The fair will start on Monday and end will on Sunday of the same week. Social Science stall will be set up immediately before the Medicine Stall. Medicine stall will not be set up on Tuesday or Thursday. There will be a gap of one day between the stalls of Astronomy and Medicine. Architecture stall will be set up immediately after Astronomy stall. Computer Science stall will be set up on Monday.
8. Which of the following stalls will be set up on Thursday?
1) Astronomy 2) Psychology 3) Medicine 4) Architecture
5) None of these
9. Which of the following stalls will be set immediately after the Computer Science stall?
1) Medicine 2) Commerce 3) Psychology 4)
5) None of these
10. On which of the following days of the week the stall on Architecture will be set up?
1) Saturday 2) Tuesday 3) Thursday 4) Friday
5) None of these