Hello and welcome to exampundit . Here is the essay on "Responsibility of the citizen on the Farmers of India" which is aced by Sourav.
- Agriculture is unorganized activity today
- Indian agriculture is predominantly dependant on nature.
- India has witnessed a spate of droughts over the last decade. The worst affected being the cotton farmers of the state of Maharashtra.
- The farmers normally resort to borrowing from money lenders, in the absence of institutionalized finance.
- Majority of the farmers in India own as little as 2 acres of land, cultivation on such small sized lands is not effective.
- The dependency of agriculture on nature should be reduced. This calls for effective management of water during seasons of good monsoons.
- Making institutional finance available to every farmer is another important solution to save to the farmers from debt traps of money lenders.
- Small farmers should be encouraged to develop alternative sources of income and the government should take up the responsibility of providing training to the farmers to acquire new skills.
The descriptive topics numbered 5 and 6 are yet to be published because none of you dared to write. So its a request to everyone to try 5 and 6.
Click here for the topics >>