Hello and welcome to exampundit . Here is the 10th Quiz of the 50 Days Mission SSC CGL 2016 series.
1. Which of the following methods is suitable for preventing an iron frying pan from rusting?
a) Applying grease
b) Applying sodium
c) Applying a coating of zinc
d) all of the above.
2. Food cans are coated with tin and not with zinc because
a) zinc is costlier than tin.
b) zinc has a higher melting point than tin.
c) zinc is more reactive than tin.
d) zinc is less reactive than tin.
3. Platinum, gold and silver are used to make jewellery because
a) they are very lustrous.
b) they are costly
c) they are available in plenty
4. Aluminium is a highly reactive metal, yet it is used to make utensils for cooking because
a) it is light in weight
b) it is a good conductor of heat
c) aluminium reacts with oxygen present in air to form a thin protective layer of aluminium oxide
d) all of the above
5. First metal used by man was
6. The element found on the surface of the moon , which is also called strategic metal is
7. Which metal is called the metal of future?
8. Milarite is an ore of
9. Munz metal is made from
a) Iron and zinc
b) Copper and zinc
c) Silver and gold
d) Zinc and gold
10. ___ is known as fool’s gold.
a) Iron pyrites
b) Sodium pyrites
c) Iron silicate
d) Gold and sodium compound
Next up in EP - Current Affairs Quiz, PDF