Hello and welcome to exampundit . We were supposed to have a Live Session on Essay but due to some unavoidable reason we are unable to conduct. However, we are providing you some last minute suggestions for SBI PO Mains Descriptive Paper.
So lets begin.
1) Use your general knowledge and current affairs knowledge while writing an essay or letter on current topics. For eg. If the essay is on Mobile Banking, then use the recently in news mobile banking subjects or name of any app that has been launched.
2) While mentioning any topic, sticking to the topic is very important. For eg. In our start-up service letter to the bank had various entries which was not focused on the topic. Some of them were focused on unemployment, some of them had their spotlights on poverty. So basically that was not at all good. If the topic is A, you have to stick to it, you can mention a little of B, but your focus should be on A.
3) One of the most important thing to keep in mind is that never stretch one topic or point unnecessarily. Imagine a rubber-band, if you stretch too much, it breaks. Similarly, stretching one topic won’t fetch you any extra marks.
4) While writing an essay or a letter, embedding your views in the topic is a good practice. As a writer, you have to put your views about the topic. You just cannot state facts & figures without any views.
5) This is SBI PO not IAS. So you don’t have to worry about all the tough economic topics appearing in the exam. However, to be on the safe side, you can check the topics at a glance but you don’t need to worry about writing 250 words essay on topics like “Predict the world growth”(Sarcastic Reference).
And before you ask, THE MAGAZINE OF CURRENT AFFAIRS QUESTIONS FOR SBI PO MAINS WILL BE PROVIDED TOMORROW MORNING.