Hello and welcome to exampundit . Here is a set of Banking & Financial Awareness Quiz for upcoming SBI PO Mains 2016.
1. National Institute of Bank Management is the Institution meant for
1) recruitment of bank employees at all levels
2) providing management personnel to the banks
3) training of bank employees in banking
4) providing consultancy of best practices in bank management
5) All those given as options
2. A bond issued at a price less than its face value and payable on its due date at its face value bearing no ROI (Rate of interest) is called
1) Preference Bond
2) Zero Coupon Bond
3) Convertible Bond
4) Perpetual Bond
5) Sovereign Bond
3. A cheque bearing the date earlier than the date of submission to the bank is known as
1) Bearer Cheque
2) Stale Cheque
3) Crossed Cheque
4) Post-Dated Cheque
5) Ante-Dated Cheque
4.The term “moral suasion” refers to which one of the following?
(a) The moral duty of the borrowers to deal with only one bank
(b) The banker’s duty of secrecy as regards the affairs and account of his customers.
(c) The advice given by the RBI to the banks/financial institutions in the matter of their lending and others operations with the objective that they might implement or follow it.
(d) All of the above
(e) None of these
5. A Credit Guarantee Trust Fund has been set up for guaranteeing collateral-free credit facilities by lending to small-scale industries. This fund is being managed by which of the following institutions?
6. Which of the following is NOT a category of NBFCs?
1) Infrastructure Finance Company
2) Loan Company
3) Investment Company
4) Asset Finance Company
5) None of these
7. When a customer draws a cheque on a bank
1) it is a mandate on that bank to pay.
2) it is a mandate on the Government of India to pay.
3) it is a mandate on the State Government to pay.
4) it is a mandate on the RBI to pay.
5) it is a mandate on the Finance Ministry to pay.
8. ‘Nomination’ for a deposit account in the bank means
1) mandate given by the close relative/s of the depositor to settle the death claim in case of death of the depositor.
2) mandate decided by the bank to settle the death claim of its depositor.
3) mandate of the depositor in favour of one or more persons to claim the amount on death of the depositor.
4) mandate of the depositor in favour of a close relative who can claim the amount on death of the depositor.
5) court order instructing the banks to settle the death claim of its depositor.
9. In which of the following accounts is operation by cheques permitted?
1) Savings bank accounts and fixed deposit accounts
2) Current accounts and fixed deposit accounts
3) Savings bank accounts and floating loan accounts
4) Savings bank accounts and cash accounts
5) Savings bank accounts and current accounts
10. A mortgage is a security created on
1) movable property for a loan given by a bank.
2) immovable property for a deposit received by a bank.
3) a confirmation of immovable property given by a bank.
4) movable property for a deposit given by a bank.
5) immovable property for a loan given by a bank.