Hello and welcome to exampundit . Here is a set of Banking & Financial Awareness Quiz for upcoming SBI PO Mains 2016.
1. Which of the following is a mode for creating charge on Life Insurance Policies?
5) Equitable Mortgage
2. Bankers generally do not allow opening of accounts in the name of ________.
1) executors and trustees
2) persons of unsound mind
3) illiterate persons
4) pardanashin ladies
5) visually impaired persons
3. Commercial Paper (CP) is an unsecured money market instrument issued in the form of a promissory note. Commercial Paper can be issued in denominations of ________.
1) Rs.1 lakh or multiples thereof
2) Rs.2 lakh or multiples thereof
3) Rs.3 lakh or multiples thereof
4) Rs.5 lakh or multiples thereof
5) Rs.10 lakh or multiples thereof
4. The abbreviation EMV stands for
1) European Marginal Vat
2) Expected Monetary Value
3) Essential Monthly Voucher
4) Europay, Master Card and Visa
5) None of these
5. The Malegam Committee was in the news recently. With which of the following is this committee associated?
1) Know Your Customer Rules
3) Targeted Public Distribution System
4) Direct Benefit Transfer
5) Regulation of self-funded charitable trusts
6. Which of the following is an example of Indirect Tax?
1) Wealth Tax
2) Corporation Tax
3) Value Added Tax
4) Estate Tax
5) Income tax
7. Where is the headquarters of SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) located?
1) Vienna, Austria
2) Brussels, Belgium
3) Montreal, Canada
4) Durban, South Africa
5) Sydney, Australia
8. Who among the following cannot be a partner in a partnership firm?
1) Manager of a Hindu Undivided Family
2) Another partnership firm
4) A minor
5) Anyone not disqualified by law from entering into a contract
9. Which of the following is/are correct regarding the functions of the Indian Mortgage Guarantee Corporation?
1) It mitigates risk taken by lenders
2) It provides mortgage guarantees to banks
3) It provides mortgage guarantees to housing finance companies
4) It makes easier for people to get access to home loans with lower down payment amounts
5) All of the above
10. Which of the following correctly explains Reverse Merger?
1) It is the acquisition of a private company by a public company
2) It is also known as Special Takeover
3) The privately traded corporation is called a “shell”
4) It involves the reorganisation of capitalisation of the acquiring company
5) All of the above
11. What is the minimum period for which a fixed deposit can be opened in India?
1) 3 days
2) 7 days
3) 15 days
4) 30 days
5) 60 days
12. Which of the following does not constitute an asset on the Balance sheet of a company?
2) Amounts receivable
3) Tools and equipment
4) Capital stock
5) All of these
13. Which of the following correctly explains the situations of Credit Risk?
1) A business or consumer does not pay a trade invoice when due
2) A business does not pay an employee’s earned wages when due
3) An insolvent insurance company does not pay a policy obligation
4) A consumer fails to make a payment due on a mortgage
5) All of these
14. Which of the following types of mutual funds is not marked with BROWN colour?
1) Diversified Funds
2) Income Funds
3) Sectoral Funds
4) Index Funds
5) Large-cap Funds
15. When the price rise is moderate (is in the range of 3 to 7%) and the annual inflation rate is of a single digit, the type of inflation is called
1) Creeping Inflation
2) Chronic Inflation
3) Walking Inflation
4) Moderate Inflation
5) Running Inflation