Hello and welcome to exampundit . So, we are kicking of Expected Questions on Banking & Financial Awareness for SBI PO Mains & Other exams. Each time, there will be a new topic on which the EQs will be written.
1. Non–Banking Financial Companies (NBFC) are registered under which act? – Companies Act, 1956
2. Who among the followings regulates the NBFCs in India? – Reserve Bank of India
3. What is difference between banks & NBFCs? – i. NBFC cannot accept demand deposits;
ii. NBFCs do not form part of the payment and settlement system and cannot issue cheques drawn on itself;
iii. Deposit insurance facility of Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation is not available to depositors of NBFCs, unlike in case of banks.
4. What is the minimum net owned fund requirement for NBFCs? – ₹ 200 lakh
5. What are systemically important NBFCs? – NBFCs whose asset size is of ₹ 500 cr or more
6. What type(s) of NBFC is not regulated by the Reserve Bank of India? – Housing Finance Companies, Merchant Banking Companies, Stock Exchanges, Companies engaged in the business of stock–broking/sub–broking, Venture Capital Fund Companies, Nidhi Companies, Insurance companies and Chit Fund Companies
7. What is the minimum Net Owned Fund requirement for Infrastructure Finance Company? – ₹ 300 crore
8. The NBFCs are allowed to accept/renew public deposits for a minimum period of ________. – 12 Months
9. The NBFCs are allowed to accept/renew public deposits for a maximum period of __________. – 60 Months
10. Which is the authority that regulates Collective Investment Schemes (CIS)? – SEBI