Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for the upcoming SBI PO Prelims 2016.
Read the followings carefully and answer
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
DO NOT GOOGLE ANSWERS!! IT WILL HAMPER YOUR PREPARATION
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 6 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
DIRECTIONS (Q. 1-8) : In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate words in each case.
When we ______(1) started thirty years ago in 1977, we did not know anything about how to run a bank for the poor. We therefore looked at how others ran their operations and ______(2) from their mistakes. In Bangladesh, conventional banks and credit cooperatives always ______(3) lump sum repayments. This created ______(4) problems because repaying in a lump sum was a mental hurdle for borrowers. They tended to delay repayment and get further into debt in the ______(5). In the end they usually ______(6) totally on the loan, which was a loss to the bank. In structuring our own loans, I decided to ask for a daily payment, Monitoring repayment was ______(7) and it filled people with ______(8) that they could repay their loans.
1. 1) firstly 2) freshly 3) foremost 4) initially 5) recently
2. 1) copied 2) observed 3) learned 4) understood 5) improving
3. 1) asked 2) insisted 3) demanded 4) settled 5) lend
4. 1) severe 2) no 3) additionally 4) variety 5) plenty
5. 1) time 2) process 3) return 4) event 5) action
6. 1) neglected 2) abandoned 3) defaulted 4) depended 5) disappointed
7. 1) benefit 2) easier 3) reckless 4) disorganised 5) secure
8. 1) sense 2) confidence 3) challenge 4) doubt 5) believe