Hello and welcome to exampundit . Here is a set of English Quiz for the upcoming SBI Clerk(Junior Associates) Mains 2016.
Read the followings carefully and answer
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
DO NOT GOOGLE ANSWERS!! IT WILL HAMPER YOUR PREPARATION
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 7 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
DIRECTIONS (Q. 1-8) : In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate words.
We should retain our own __________(1). We must retain the great visions of this country and we should treat the Japanese as friend but __________(2). in terms of business and not in importing their culture. I am totally __________(3) to the statement of some of our country’s businessmen that the Japanese way of doing business is the only right way of doing business. The Japanese __________(4) one language, the same mode of dressing, the same kind of behaviour, the same kind of religion. On the other hand, we are diverse individuals. So how could we function as Japanese who function totally in __________(5)? We have to __________(6) the Gandhian path of austerity and self denial for the common good of the society. While retaining individual excellence and freedom we have to find a way of __________(7) them towards a common goal. __________(8) becoming clones of either Japanese model or Western model will only make us copycats and pygmies and never giants.
1. 1) potential 2) business 3) profit 4) capability 5) individuality
2. 1) frequently 2) purely 3) visibly 4) never 5) seldom
3. 1) indifferent 2) sympathetic 3) opposed 4) agreeable 5) confronting
4. 1) have 2) read 3) converse 4) speak 5) write
5. 1) self 2) unison 3) extremity 4) isolation 5) collusion
6. 1) change 2) utilise 3) irrationalise 4) follow 5) forsake
7. 1) exporting 2) delivering 3) channelizing 4) fixing 5) transporting
8. 1) Merely 2) Solely 3) Enthusiastically 4) Occasionally 5) Totally
And the winners are........
- Chitrarth - 8/8
- Prithika - 7/8
- Manish - 6/8