Hello and welcome to exampundit . Here is a set of English Quiz for the upcoming SBI Clerk(Junior Associates) Mains 2016.
Read the followings carefully and answer
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
DO NOT GOOGLE ANSWERS!! IT WILL HAMPER YOUR PREPARATION
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 7 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
Directions (Q. 1-10): In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word In each case.
Clement Atlee became the Prime Minister of England after the Second World War. Winston Churchill, who had successfully _______(1) England and the allies to victory over Hitler was now rejected by the English people at the hustings. Labour Party was _______(2) to power and Atlee became the Prime Minister. One of his memorable tasks was that he was _______(3) in granting India its freedom. Atlee was born in a well-to-do _______(4) but he always had _______(5) for the poor and the downtrodden. He is known for keeping _______(6) and cooperation among his cabinet colleagues. Not that there were no differences of opinion _______(7) his cabinet members, but Atlee, by his _______(8) nature and positive approach, always managed to keep them together and had control over them. _______(9) being sympathetic to the cause of India, and granting India freedom, he _______(10) many a constructive activity for his country too, like nationalization of some industries, and starting National Health Scheme.
1. 1) marginalised 2) led 3) isolated 4) established 5) conquered
2. 1) used 2) immune 3) averse 4) close 5) swept
3. 1) reluctant 2) particular 3) interested 4) instrumental 5) eager
4. 1) family 2) community 3) class 4) origin 5) country
5. 1) jobs 2) indifference 3) concern 4) reverence 5) apathy
6. 1) faith 2) conflict 3) assistance 4) conviction 5) harmony
7. 1) from 2) with 3) among 4) within 5) between
8. 1) aggressive 2) docile 3) withdrawing 4) gentle 5) stubborn
9. 1) Besides 2) After 3) Although 4) Without 5) He
10. 1) observed 2) did 3) demonstrated 4) imitated 5) bypassed