Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for the upcoming SBI Clerk Prelims 2016.
Read the followings carefully and answer
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
DO NOT GOOGLE ANSWERS!! IT WILL HAMPER YOUR PREPARATION
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 12 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
DIRECTIONS (Q. 1-15): In each question below a sentence with four words printed in bold type is given. These are indicated as (a), (b), (c) /and (d). One of these four words may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the word which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate, if any. The letter of that word is your answer. If all the four words are correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence, mark (e).i.e. ‘All Correct’ as your answer.
1. The suspected (a) / criminals (b) / who were accused (c) / of snatching ladies necklesses (d) / were finally booked. All Correct (e).
2. The objective (a) / of the programme (b) / is to entertainment (c)/ the spectators (d) /. All Correct (e).
3. Enforcement of laws and clean and efficiency (a) /administration are fundamental (b) / functions of the government machinery (c) / known as bureaucracy (d) /. All Correct (e).
4. The quantification (a) / of intellectual property is more complicating (b) / than most pricing because today it is relatively (c) / inexpensive (d) / to make copies of most intellectual property. All Correct (e).
5. It is indeed recommendable (a) /that the apex court has deemed (b) /it necessary to remind the government of its duties in promoting (c) /education and investing (d) /in it. All correct (e).
6. The perception (a) /of animal life was even more ambigous (b) /because of anthropomorphic (c) /characterisations (d) /of animal behaviour. All correct (e).
7. Policy of permitting (a) /legal (b) /import of gold has stimulated (c) /its consumation (d) /. All correct (e).
8. His continually (a) /defending (b) /his stand on the issue has risen (c) /doubts (d) /in the mind of the jury. All correct (e)..
9. The government’s strategy to encourage (a) /entreprenearship (b) /gathers momentum (c) /with unenvisaged (d) /response. All correct (e).
10. Caffeine (a) /in coffee is relative (b) /harmless if people drink (c) /it moderately (d). No errors (e).
11. It is (a) /impossible of (b) /an (c) /alcoholic to (d) /drink moderately. No errors (e).
12. The baby was left (a) /in charge (b) /an (c) /elderly lady. (d). No errors (e).
13. Atrophy (a) /can affect a cell, organ. (b) /tissues (c) /or (d) /limb. No errors (e).
14. More than (a) /one scientists (b) /have contributed (c) /to the success of this venture (d). No errors (e).
15. His derogatory (a) / remark humiliated (b) / me, but I kept my cool (c) / and didn’t allow my work to be affected (d) / by it. All Correct (e).
1. It should be “necklaces”
2. It should be “entertain”.
3. It should be “efficient”.
4. It should be “complicated”.
5. Its should be "investment".
6. The right spelling – ambiguous
7. The right word – consumption
8. It should the ‘raised’ in place of ‘risen’
9. The right spelling – entrepreneurship
10. ‘Harmless’ is an adjective describing the effects of ‘Caffeine’ which is the noun. But there is an implicit verb in the sentence-affect which although is not directly used, has an implicit meaning. There will therefore be an adverb too in the sentence. Relative should then be replaced by the adverb ‘relatively’.
11. Impossible ‘for’ is the correct usage.
12. ‘In charge of’ will mean that the baby was the boss of the elderly lady. The sentence should mean that the elderly lady is in charge, the right use will be ‘in the charge of’ which means under charge or protection of.
13. It should be "tissue".
14. One is a singular adjective so ‘scientist’ is the right number for the noun, not scientists.
15. No correction required.