Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of Reasoning Quiz for UIIC AO 2016 based on Statements and Courses of Action and Puzzle.
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
DO NOT GOOGLE ANSWERS!! IT WILL HAMPER YOUR PREPARATION
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 7 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
Directions (Q. 1-5): Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and give answer
1) if the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
2) if the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
3) if the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
4) if the data even in both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
5) if the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
1. Which bag amongst P, Q, R, S and T is the heaviest?
I. Bag Q is heavier than R and S. Bag T is heavier than only bag P.
II. Only three bags are lighter than R. The weight of bag Q is 50 kg, which is 2 kg more than bag R.
2. Are all the five friends – A, B, C, D and E – who are seated around a circular table facing the centre ?
I. A sits to the left of B. B faces the centre. D and E are immediate neighbours of each other. C sits second to the right of E.
II. D sits second to right of C. C faces the centre. Both E and A are immediate neighbours of D. B sits second to the right of A.
3. In a college, five different subjects, viz Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology and Mathematics, are taught on five different days of the same week, starting from Monday and ending on Friday. Is Chemistry taught on Wednesday?
I. Two subjects are taught between Zoology and Mathematics. Mathematics is taught before Zoology. Chemistry is taught on the day immediately next to the day when Physics is taught. Botany is not taught on Friday.
II. Three lectures are scheduled between the lectures of Botany and Zoology. Mathematics is taught immediately before Physics.
4. Is it 9 o’clock now?
I. After half an hour, the minute and the hour hands of the clock will make an angle of exactly 90° with each other.
II. Exactly 15 minutes ago, the hour and the minute hands of the clock coincided with each other.
5. Is F granddaughter of B?
I. B is the father of M. M is the sister of T. T is the mother of F.
II. S is the son of F. V is the daughter of F. R is the brother of T.
Directions (Q. 6-10): Below in each question are given two statements (A) and (B). These statements may be either independent causes or may be effects of independent causes or of a common cause. One of these statements may be the effect of the other statement. Read both the statements and decide which of the following answer choices correctly depicts the relationship between these two statements.
Mark answer 1) if statement (A) is the cause and statement (B) is its effect.
Mark answer 2) if statement (B) is the cause and statement (A) is its effect.
Mark answer 3) if both the statements (A) and (B) are independent causes.
Mark answer 4) if both the statements (A) and (B) are effects of independent causes.
Mark answer 5) if both the statements (A) and (B) are effects of some common cause
6. A. State Govt has ordered immediate ban on airing of certain movie channels on television.
B. A few social activists have come together and demanded ban on telecasting ‘Adult’ movies on television.
7. A. Employment scenario in the country has remarkably improved recently.
B. The number of prospective job-seekers going abroad has increased recently.
8. A. Government has tightened security checks at all important places and also at various public places.
B. Incidences of terrorist attacks are increasing day by day.
9. A. The high court has fixed a time limit for repairing all the roads in the city.
B. Road development authorities in the city are carrying out road repair work on an urgent basis.
10. A. There is an outbreak of several epidemics in the country.
B. There was a worst flood situation ever experienced in the past in most parts of the country.