Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here are most frequently asked questions about SBI PO 2016 by the aspirants.
1. What is the last date to apply for SBI PO 2016?
- ONLINE REGISTRATION OF APPLICATION & PAYMENT OF FEES 04.05.2016 TO 24.05.2016. The last date as per the notification is 24th May, 2016.
2. What is the last date to print application?
- The last date to print your application is 8th June, 2016
3. What are the essential Academic Qualifications need for SBI PO 2016?
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
4. I am in the final semester/year. Can I apply for SBI PO 2016?
- The Notification states, ‘Those who are in the Final Year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.08.2016.’ Which means, your result must be declared on or before 31st of August, 2016.
5. I am not sure when my result will come out. Can I apply?
- Kindly have a word with your college/university authority before applying.
6. My marks are in CGPA/OGPA format. How to convert them into percentage?
- Use the appropriate method which your college/university uses.
According to notification, ‘If called for interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating that the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.’
7. What is the age limit for SBI PO 2016?
- Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2016
8. I was born before 2nd April, 1986, can I apply?
- No. As per notification, ‘candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.04.1986’.
9. Is PAN Card mandatory?
- Not anymore.
10. From which year the Number of Chances will be counted in SBI PO 2016?
- The number of chances will be counted from the examination held on 18.04.2010.
11. I applied SBI PO previously 3 times. Then last year (2015) was my 4th Attempt but I could not clear the prelims. Can I apply this year?
- Yes. Prelims attempts are not taken. The notifications states, ‘Appearing in Preliminary Examination will not be counted as a chance.’
12. What date mentioned for OBC Non-Creamy Layer certificate?
- According to the notification, ‘A declaration will have to be submitted in the prescribed format by candidates seeking reservation under OBC category stating that he/she does not belong to the creamy layer as on 24.05.2016. OBC certificate containing the 'Non-creamy layer' clause, issued during the period 01.04.2016 to the date of interview, should be submitted by such candidates, if called for interview’.
13. Can I choose Examination Center in any city of my choice?
14. What is the current salary of SBI PO?
- The total compensation per annum would be a minimum of Rs. 7.55 lacs and maximum of Rs. 12.93 lacs depending on place of posting and other factors.
15. When is the SBI PO 2016 Preliminary Phase I Exam?
- Tentatively on 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10 July 2016
16. When can I download Call Letters for Online Preliminary Examination?
- Tentatively 14-06-2016 onwards
17. What type of questions will come in SBI PO Prelims?
- Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 1 hour duration consisting of 3 sections as follows:
18. When will SBI declare the result of SBI PO Prelims?
- Tentatively on 18-07-2016.
19. I did not receive any e-mail/message after payment of fees. What should I do?
- We request you to apply before the last date. If you have not received any e-mail/message then wait for 48-72 hours then contact 022-22820427 (between 11:00 AM to 06:00 PM on working days) or email@example.com.
- You have to Select NO.
If we have missed out anything, kindly add below.
Click here for application link >>
Click here for Detailed Notification >>