Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for the upcoming UIIC AO Exam 2016.
Read the followings carefully and answer
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
DO NOT GOOGLE ANSWERS!! IT WILL HAMPER YOUR PREPARATION
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 7 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
Directions (Q. 1-10): In the following passage, some of the words have been left out, each of which is indicated by a number. Find the suitable word from the options given against each number and fill up the blanks with appropriate words to make the paragraph meaningful.
Life insurance helps families maintain their standard of living and also helps them save for their long-term goals. LIC, being the oldest and the biggest in the life insurance industry, knows it best in _____(1) lives and money. Most people have their first contact with an insurance company _____(2) an insurance sales agent. These people help individuals, families and businesses _____(3) insurance polices that provide the best protection for their lives, health and property. Agents prepare reports, maintain records, _____(4) out new clients, and, in the _____(5) of a loss, help policyholders _____(6) their insurance claims. Increasingly, some are also offering their clients financial analysis or advice on ways to minimise risk. Life insurance agents _____(7) in selling policies that pay the beneficiaries in the event of death of life insured or on _____(8). Depending on the policyholder’s circumstances, a cash-value policy can be _____(9) to provide retirement income, funds for the education of children, or other benefits. Life insurance agents also sell annuities that _____(10) a retirement income.
1. 1) returning 2) handling 3) saving 4) promising 5) controlling
2. 1) with 2) of 3) over 4) about 5) through
3. 1) select 2) elect 3) choice 4) detect 5) pick
4. 1) hunt 2) investigate 3) seek 4) chase 5) delve
5. 1) accident 2) event 3) fact 4) occasion 5) chance
6. 1) clear 2) conclude 3) decide 4) adjudge 5) settle
7. 1) specialise 2) pursue 3) work 4) broaden 5) convince
8. 1) endurance 2) durability 3) survival 4) revival 5) medical
9. 1) constructed 2) designed 3) useful 4) developed 5) purchased
10. 1) claim 2) calculate 3) arrange 4) secure 5) promise
- Sourav - 10/10
- Taurus - 8/9
- lucifer - 8/9