Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for the upcoming SBI Clerk Prelims 2016.
Read the followings carefully and answer
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
DO NOT GOOGLE ANSWERS!! IT WILL HAMPER YOUR PREPARATION
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 6 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
DIRECTIONS (Qs. 1-8) : In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.
The Government seems to be in right earnest to ensure more _____1 in governance. The Prime Minister’s announcement that his Government is _____2 drafting legislation to establish the citizen’s right to information is indeed welcome . Though the talk on the right to information is not new, we may _____3 the bill to be brought early this time. The previous Government had set up a high-level committee to prepare a draft bill. But nothing has been heard about the matter since, _____4 the committee did quite some work. The issue, however, has come to such a pass that a solution cannot be _____5 further. Sunlight is the best disinfectant, a foreign judge once said, while _____6 the unwarranted secrecy in an administrative system. When those in authority know that people have the right to ask questions and the government is under the _____7 to provide them with answers, _____8 of authority, or of public finances, for personal or party ends is less likely to happen.
1. 1) strictness 2) rudeness 3) leniency 4) economy 5) transparency
2. 1) personally 2) busy 3) not 4) reluctantly 5) absolutely
3. 1) expect 2) wait 3) try 4) frustrate 5) appeal
4. 1) even 2) as 3) because 4) until 5) though
5. 1) found 2) expected 3) delayed 4) looked 5) longed
6. 1) nurturing 2) criticising 3) demanding 4) appreciating 5) upholding
7. 1) pretention 2) affect 3) substance 4) obligation 5) property
8. 1) misuse 2) governance 3) dishonour 4) curbing 5) breach