Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for the upcoming SBI Clerk Prelims 2016.
Read the followings carefully and answer
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
DO NOT GOOGLE ANSWERS!! IT WILL HAMPER YOUR PREPARATION
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 7 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
Directions (Q. 1-5): Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
(A) The frail banner symbolises the country’s recovery and resilience.
(B) It was to be hoisted as the official flag of the host country.
(C) The torn flag fluttering over the remains of WTC won’t fly for 2002 games, after all.
(D) But it is far too delicate to withstand high winds.
(E) Now, it will be unfurled only to display the opening ceremony.
(F) An unblemished flag will fly all the time during the games.
1. Which of the following sentences would be the SIXTH sentence?
1) A 2) B 3) C 4) D 5) F
2. Which of the following sentences would be the FIRST sentence?
1) C 2) E 3) B 4) A 5) D
3. Which of the following sentences would be the FOURTH sentence?
1) E 2) D 3) C 4) F 5) A
4. Which of the following sentences would be the SECOND sentence?
1) C 2) A 3) D 4) E 5) F
5. Which of the following sentences would be the FIFTH sentence?
1) A 2) B 3) C 4) E 5) F
Directions (Q. 6-10): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is ‘5’. (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any.)
6. 1) To begin with / 2) I don’t like his attitude / 3) and so does he hence / 4) we refuse to help him. /5) No error
7. 1) Since the work / 2) is not much, we / 3) need lesser workers today / 4) than we did yesterday. /5) No error
8. 1) The workers on strike / 2) agreed to resume their duties / 3) at a condition if / 4) no worker could be victimised. /5) No error
9. 1) We all live in / 2) a big house which / 3) has built by my / 4) father 50 years ago. /5) No error
10. 1) The professor’s plan / 2) both worked out / 3) in theory and / 4) in practice. /5) No error
6. ‘nor does he’
7. Replace ‘lesser’ by ‘fewer’.
8. ‘on condition that’
9. ‘was built’
10. ‘worked out both’