Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is the second set of Maths Quiz for SSC CGL 2016.
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
DO NOT GOOGLE ANSWERS!! IT WILL HAMPER YOUR PREPARATION
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 7 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
1. A tap can empty a tank in 30 minutes. A second tap can empty it in 45 minutes. If both the taps operate simultaneously, how much time is needed to empty the tank?
(a) 18 minutes
(b) 14 minutes
(c) 15 minutes
(d) 30 minutes
2. The perimeter of one face of a cube is 20 cm. Its volume will be
(a) 100 cm3
(b) 125 cm3
(c) 400 cm3
(d) 625 cm3
3. If the area of a circle is A, radius of the circle is r and circumference of it is C, then
(a) rC = 2A
(b) C/A = r/2
(c) AC = r2/4
(d) A/r = C
4. A square is inscribed in a quarter–circle in such a manner that two of its adjacent vertices lie on the two radii at an equal distance from the centre, while the other two vertices lie on the circular arc. If the square has sides of length x, then the radius of the circle is
(a) 16x/π + 4
5. 10% discount and then 20% discount in succession is equivalent to total discount of
6. The marked price of a watch was Rs.720. A man bought the same for Rs.550.80 after getting two successive discounts, the first being 10%. The second discount rate is
7. Allowing 20% and 15% successive discounts, the selling price of an article becomes Rs.3,060; then the marked price will be
8. Eighteen years ago, the ratio of A's age to B's age was 8 : 13. Their present ratio's are 5 : 7. What is the present age of A?
(a) 70 years
(b) 50 years
(c) 40 years
(d) 60 years
9. 729 ml of a mixture contains milk and water in the ratio 7 : 2. How much more water is to be added to get a new mixture containing milk and water in the ratio 7 : 3 ?
(a) 60 ml
(b) 71 ml
(c) 52 ml
(d) 81 ml
10. The average weight of 15 oarsmen in a boat is increased by 1.6 kg when one of the crew, who weighs 42 kg is replaced by a new man. Find the weight of the new man (in kg).
- Roger Federer
- Ami Sourav
- Mad Max