Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. As promised, we have been continuing our How to Improve English For Govt Exams series. Today we will give you 10 tips to ace Reading Comprehension.
Reading Comprehension is very common in Bank Exams and other competitive exams and it does carry a lot of marks. Now, many of you might not be able to read and solve faster. As a result, many skip the questions.
Imagine those times when English fetched the least marks?....Well English needs good marks in order to secure your place, so why skipping unnecessarily?
Through eoimarbella, we have gathered 10 Amazing Tips to Ace Reading Comprehension.
10 Amazing Tips to Ace Reading Comprehension
- Keep in mind the exact amount of time you have to complete the exercise.
- Read the text through quickly without stopping to check your understanding of individual words. The first reading is to get a general understanding of the text.
- Read the text a second time more carefully. This time take time to pause at sections you may find more difficult.
- Scan the multiple choice questions without looking at the answers. See if you can answer the questions easily by yourself. Skip any questions that you cannot answer immediately.
- Re-read the multiple choice questions and answers. Skip any question that you find too difficult.
- 6. If you cannot find something close to your original answer to the question, take a look at the text again.
- Never spend too much time on any one question.
- After you have answered each question, return to the text to find a justification for each of your answers.
- Return to the questions that you were not able to answer immediately and see if you can answer them now.
- If you still have time, check that the other possible answers are not specifically referred to in the text.
Also Read: How to Improve English Grammar for Govt Exams