Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for upcoming SBI Clerk 2016 and NABARD Assistant Manager 2016 Exam.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
2. Groundwater and surface water are traditionally concerned of rural communities, as those communities are almost exclusively served by well water.
3. The very publicised mid day meal scheme meant to reduce dropout rates in schools seems to be not yielding the desired results.
4. No like the urban schools and colleges, the schools in rural areas do not encourage the children to excel in extracurricular activities.
Directions (6-10): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is ‘5’. (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any).
|Solutions - Use ‘improving’ in place of ‘improvement’|
7. The rural areas, often (1)/ on small family farms, it is (2) / difficulty to improve one’s standard of (3) living beyond basic sustenance. (4) / No error (5)
|Solutions - Use ‘difficult’ in place of ‘difficulty’.|
8. People, especially the elderly (1) / are often forced to move to cities (2) / where there are hospitals that can (3) / cater for their health needs. (4) / No error (5)
9. In modern times industrialization of agriculture (1) / has negative affected the economy (2) / of
small and middle-sized farms and has strongly (3) / reduced the size of the rural labour market. (4) / No error (5)
|Solutions - Say ‘has negatively affected’.|
10. A national survey of rural health care providers (1) / was undertaken to identify (2) / their perceptions of the (3) / environmental health issues faced their constituents. (4) / No error (5)