Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for upcoming SBI Clerk 2016 and NABARD Assistant Manager 2016 Exam.
Read the followings carefully and answer
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
DO NOT GOOGLE ANSWERS!! IT WILL HAMPER YOUR PREPARATION
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 7 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
Directions (Q. 1–10) In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.
When sound ___(1)___, the world of cinema, mime made a gracious exit. ___(2)___ then, it stood proudly as a performing art in itself, independent and ___(3)___ in style, approach, treatment and performance not matched however, by ___(4)___ acceptance. During the silent era, actors in silent films had to ___(5)___ totally on mime as the only way of ___(6)___ their emotions, expressions, incidents, events and interactions between and among characters. German Expressionist cinema, the acting of classic performers like Charlie Chaplin, Harold Lloyd and Buster Keaton used mime they had ___(7)___ as part of their theatrical ___(8)___ in their films with great effect. A French mime artist once said, “Mime is the poetry of silence.” But once talking ___(9)___ entered the scenario, mime was ___(10)___ ever used in films, even though a character introduced as a mime artist.
1. (a) entered (b) came (c) saw (d) became (e) featured
2. (a) From (b) So (c) Since (d) By (e) Until
3. (a) single (b) fair (c) dependent (d) unique (e) treacherous
4. (a) drama (b) conclusion (c) opinion (d) judgment (e) popular
5. (a) portray (b) act (c) rely (d) depict (e) earn
6. (a) mentioning (b) designing (c) stimulating (d) expressing (e) considering
7. (a) worked (b) learnt (c) qualified (d) bought (e) invested
8. (a) experience (b) showings (c) vision (d) distance (e) story
9. (a) toys (b) worlds (c) films (d) people (e) mimes
10. (a) and (b) hardly (c) then (d) thus (e) for
- Chitrarth - 10/10
- Prithika - 9/9
- PnB Utrakhand/UDB BRH - 9/10