Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here are the important Current Affairs of 15 April, 2016. These are important for the upcoming SBI Clerk and NABARD Assistant Manager exam 2016. Read them thoroughly and then write them down for better result.
BRICS NDB sanctions $250 million for India's renewable energy scheme
- India was among the first four countries to get a loan from the newly established BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) New Development Bank (NDB) which gave a $250 million funding to Canara Bank for a renewable energy project.
- The China-based NDB has approved four green renewable energy projects from India, China, Brazil and South Africa entailing Bank financing of $811 million.
- The project from India entails provisioning of a multi-tranche loan of $250 million to Canara Bank for lending to renewable energy ventures.
- The project will result in generation of 500 Mw of renewable energy and savings of about 800,000 tonnes of carbon emissions.
- This loan is the first such loan from the development financial institution, according to officials.
- The NDB was formed by the BRICS leadership with the objective of funding infrastructure projects in emerging economies and to meet the aspirations of hundreds of millions of people through sustainable development.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Maritime India Summit 2016
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 14 April 2016 inaugurated the Maritime India Summit 2016 (MIS 2016) in Mumbai. While inaugurating the summit, the PM invited investors to come to India.
- Maritime India Summit 2016 is a maiden flagship initiative of the Ministry of Shipping, Government of India that provides a unique platform for participants to explore potential business opportunities in Indian Maritime Sector.
- The two-day summit, which will conclude on 15 April 2016, will host forums to foster interaction between stakeholders through B2B and G2B meetings.
- It will also organise special sessions on investment opportunities in maritime sector, setting up of new ports and capacity augmentation of existing ports, development of inland waterways for cargo and passenger transportation, coastal shipping and other services related to Indian Maritime Sector.
Union Government reconstituted IGNCA Trust; Ram Bahadur Rai appointed President
- The Government of India on 14 April 2016 reconstituted the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) Trust with immediate effect.
- Senior Journalist Ram Bahadur Rai was selected as President of IGNCA. Veteran dancer Sonal Mansingh, film maker Chandraprakash Dwivedi and lyricist Prasoon Joshi are included as members of the 20 member reconstituted body.
- Ram Bahadur Rai is a renowned Hindi Journalist and former news editor of Jansatta newspaper.
- He has also authored books on VP Singh named Manjil se Jyada Safar and Rahvari ke Sawal on Chandrashekhar.
Awards & Honors –
T N Ninan gets 'RedInk Award for Lifetime Achievement in Journalism'
- The Mumbai Press Club on Friday selected T N Ninan, Chairman and Editorial Director of Business Standard, for this year's 'RedInk Award for Lifetime Achievement in Journalism'.
- The award will be presented to Ninan by the Governor of Maharashtra C Vidyasagar Rao on April 26 here.
- The Award recognises Ninan's extensive contribution to business journalism through good editorial leadership which he provided over the years to a host of publications, says a release issued here by the Mumbai Press Club.
- The 'RedInk Journalist of the Year' Award would be given to NDTV India's senior Executive Editor Ravish Kumar for his consistent and good reporting on politics and issues that concern the common man.
Susmita Pande appointed as chairperson of National Monument Authority
- Union Government on 14 April 2016 appointed Susmita Pande as the new chairperson of the National Monument Authority (NMA). She is professor a professor at Ujjain's Vikram University.
- She would succeed Himanshu Prabha Ray, the professor at Jawaharlal Nehru University whose term ended in September 2015. The position was lying vacant for five months after his demission from office.
- At the time of appointment, she was the head of the School of Studies in Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology in Vikram University of Madhya Pradesh.