Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. As said before, we will be giving 30 days for SSC CGL 2016 Quizzes, Discussions and Materials. Yesterday was a hectic day and we could not deliver. So here is the first Set of 30 GK Quiz coming your way.
Post answers according to the following format(s)
In case the options are ABCD, use the Appropriate Options.
Do Not Rectify anyone.
If you have any doubt regarding any question of the quiz, kindly ask after the quiz is over i.e answers given.
DO NOT GOOGLE ANSWERS!! IT WILL HAMPER YOUR PREPARATION
Do Not CHAT here. If you have any query, use today’s Ask The Mentor Page.
At least 17 Attempts for Scores.
Exampundit.in reserves the right to choose winner or give scores.
1. Which of the following minerals is essential for good immunity?
a) Iron, magnesium
2. Pyridoxine is
a) Vitamin A
b) Vitamin D
c) Vitamin B6
d) Vitamin B4
3. Which of the following is true?
a) Vitamins are organic compounds
b) Vitamins are required in large quantities for optimal health
c) Vitamins can be synthesized/produced by the human body
d) Thiamine helps to prevent night blindness
4. Match :
1. Fat soluble a. phosphorus
2. Water soluble b. vitamin A, D, E and K
3. Maintains blood pressure c. Vitamin-B complex (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12), C
4. A component of DNA and RNA d. Sodium
a) 1. 1-b,2-c,3-d,4-a
b) 2. 1-c, 2- d, 3-a, 4-b
c) 3. 1-b, 2-c, 3-a,4-d
d) 4. 1-c,2-d, 3-a,4-d
5. Who first saw and described a live cell?
a) Robert Brown
b) Anton Von Leeuwenhoek
c) Matthias Schleiden
d) Theodore Schwann
6. According to Omnis cellula-e cellula theory :
a) new cells are formed from pre-existing cells
b) presence of cell wall is a unique character of the plant cells.
c) the bodies of animals and plants are composed of cells and products of cells
d) All organisms are composed of cells
7. Within the cell, ribosomes are found in
c) Rough ER
d) Golgi bodies
e) a,b and C
8. Which one of the following combinations are true?
a) bacillus (spherical), vibrio(rod like), coccus (comma shaped) and spirillum (spiral).
b) bacillus (rod like ), coccus (spherical), vibrio (comma shaped) and spirillum (spiral)
c) coccus (rod like), bacillus (spherical), vibrio (spiral) and spirillum (comma shaped)
d) bacillus (spherical), coccus (comma shaped), vibrio (rod like) and spirillum (spiral)
9. The plasmids are:
a) a type of pigment
b) a special vacuole
c) smaller DNA
d) a part of chloroplast
10. Which one of the following is not true regarding the reason of selecting of pea plant for experiment by Mendel?
a) Peas have many visible contrasting characters
b) Pea plants have a short life span and produce many seeds in one generation
c) Both cross pollination and self pollination is achieved easily.
d) Only cross pollination is possible
11. Who is called ‘The Darwin of the 20th century’
a) ERNST MAYR
b) Carolus Linnaeus
d) Alexander fleming
12. Identify the correct sequence of taxonomical categories?
(a) Species → genus → order → Phylum → Kingdom
(b) Genus → Species → Order → Kingdom
(c) Species → family → Genus → Order → Phylum
(d) family → species → class → phylum
13. ICZN stands for
a) Indian Code of Zoological Nomenclature
b) International Code of Zoological Nomenclature
c) International Conduct of Zoological Naming
d) Indian Conduct of Zoological Nomenclature
14. Lipid molecules in the cell are synthesized by
a) Smooth ER
b) Rough ER
d) Golgi body
15. Kitchen of the cell:
c) Golgi apparatus
16. Peroxisomes are found in
a) Kidney and liver
b) Only liver
17. Mucor,rhizopus,agaricus are
a) Saprophytic fungi
b) Parasitic fungi
18. Phycobiont and mycobiont are components of
c) Bread mold
19. Currently in case of a dog bite ___ vaccines are prescribed
20. Aedes aegypti is the vector of
c) Yellow fever
d) Sleeping sickness
21. Common cold is a
a) Acute disease
b) Chronic disease
c) Congenital disease
d) Genetic disease
22. The visible characteristic in an organism is known as
23. If the ratio of each phenotype of the seeds of pea plants in the F2 generation is 9:3:3:1, it is known as
a) tetrahybrid ratio
b) monohybrid ratio
c) dihybrid ratio
d) trihybrid ratio
24. Elephantitis is caused by
a) liver fluke
25. BIODIVERSITY term was coined by-
a) Walter G. Rosen
c) Charles Darwin
d) Carle woesse
Next Quiz will be On Physics. So do study!